GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: I just "fixed" my heater core, don't want to sell now...

Default I just "fixed" my heater core, don't want to sell now...

Yesterday I did the 3 hour highway drive to my parents place for the weekend, and fell in love with my car all over again. I decided there's no way I could sell it at the moment, so this morning I started ripping into the dash. I didn't do the whole dash removal, that's way too scary, I just took out the center dash part. I took photos all the way through in case I couldn't put it back together, but it's almost in one peice again. I could see the heater core leaking around one of the pipes going into it, so I sprayed it with no-leaks, then put some Selly's Knead-It all around the connection. Took me about 5 hours, and it's obviously not a long-term solution, but it didn't leak a drop in the half-hour I drove it with the heat on and dash apart.

Now to just install this factory alarm module I've had around for a while... i'm highly suspicious it's not going to work.

Unregistered Guest

You're the MAN, Dan!! Good on ya for that repair. Hope it becomes permanent. Nothing like a good ride to get your perspective where it needs to be. We have the best looking, best riding, best looking cars on the road.
    Paul

Default As our Canadian friends would say.....

.....OOT-STANDING! Well, they would say that if they lived in a silly little American cartoon-world, but great job!

It really does give you a feeling of accomplishment to have a problem that seems to be non-stop money ahead, and to tackle it yourself and actually get it fixed, doesn't it! I recently removed my grill, installed new horns and replaced a headlight assembly. I'm sure I saved about 60% off of what a shop would have charged, and I know that I could do it again now that I've done it once.

Stick around......it's gonna get lots more fun!

Brian C.
    '95 525ia
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Default good, now you can fix mine,lol

tim s.
    1995 540i/a 180,000
    1987 325e 195,000

Ditto!

Default You can do anything with duct tape...

You can do anything with duct tape...