These are the White Back-Up Lights that are supposed to go on when shifting into Reverse. Now I am stumped. I Do have 12v at the blue(+) to Brown (-) Plug at trunk lid where it plugs into male recept. Also have 12v at the bulb recept. Did a hot wire from bulb to Blue and brown - nothing. I then crossed the blue and brown and got no sparks and yet I have 12vdc. I also shorted the blue to a known ground on the car and still no sparks and yet I still get 12vdc from Blue to ground.

I did notice that in order to get 12vdc on the volt meter I have to jiggle the Shift knob in and out of Reverse a few times in order for the Volt meter to register any voltage above 00.0vdc. After palying w/it I can get it to stablize at 12.85 volts. (Key is in 2nd postion for power to the circuit and also in order to unlock the shift mechanism.

If it is the Switch on the upper right hand side of the outside of the tranny that is at fault It may be hard to get to it because it is buried behind the Exhaust and a crossmember. What I may try first if to put a telephone Tone Generator on the circuit at the light fixture in trunk and with the probe, trace the wireing until I find the break - which I now think must be the switch on tranny. Any ideas would be welcome. THanks