GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone notice BMA getting a bit more expensive....

Default anyone notice BMA getting a bit more expensive....

and i don't mean in general. i understand that prices on parts from anywhere (autozone, advance auto, kragen, et cetera) are going up. it just seems that in the last little while, the prices quoted over the phone are the same as the internet prices (even with patrick and yves, who know my name). the last time I got a break was about a month ago (4 transmission mounts) for about 12% off the internet prices. the last two orders i've made have had prices as high as the internet cost or even slightly higher in some cases. it certainly doesn't mean i have any intentions of not buying from them, it just means i'll be taking a look at ebay before i make any purchases (i didn't think it was worth my while anymore, as their prices were generally worth the slight extra you'd pay to purchase something from a storefront).
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default Funny you mention that, why just last week...

I needed parts to do brake jobs on two of my Bimmers. I had my order all laid out on the BMA website. I called them and was told to just use the online order form and I would get free shipping.
    Just out of curiosity I clicked on the ad for eGermanparts.com at the top of this page. They had the exact same parts, from the same manufactureres, for an average of 10% less than BMA. They also gave me free shipping. I received my order in three days and the service was first rate.
    I never thought I would prefer anyone over BMA, but lately...
    Mark Hall
    '95 525iA EAT chipped (just one now )
    '98 528iA

I called and they told me to order online or I would not get free shipping. Their quotes were aucually a bit higher then online as well but said they would match the online price. Go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by Hallmark
    I needed parts to do brake jobs on two of my Bimmers. I had my order all laid out on the BMA website. I called them and was told to just use the online order form and I would get free shipping.
    Just out of curiosity I clicked on the ad for eGermanparts.com at the top of this page. They had the exact same parts, from the same manufactureres, for an average of 10% less than BMA. They also gave me free shipping. I received my order in three days and the service was first rate.
    I never thought I would prefer anyone over BMA, but lately...

BMA had best price on my last order couple weeks ago. Additionally have built up a relationship with them that I do value....you know I know what I'll get and they'll take care of me if something happens. Don't diss them too much here...they did start a good thing and made owning BMW's affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by callen
    BMA had best price on my last order couple weeks ago. Additionally have built up a relationship with them that I do value....you know I know what I'll get and they'll take care of me if something happens. Don't diss them too much here...they did start a good thing and made owning BMW's affordable.
    Well, we all work for money, why is it so strange when people don't want to pay more if they don't have to? If BMA wants to keep their reputation as the cheapest place for BMW parts, they better do something about their prices.
    BMW E34 528i, M52B28 + M50 manifold, Remus exhaust, ///M Parallel Spoke 18" rims

I know I could get free shippin online. But my system w/ Pat is easier & more personal. I email him ?s on what I need or might need. We trade emails back & forth on options. Then I say ship it, and dont need to give him any info, and it arrives always quickly.

I go to them first and usually last cause what I'm quoted, seems good enough for me. I learned my lesson w/ my ignition barrell, to ask them even if I'm not sure if they can get it. They can get stuff like that and it would of saved me like $25.

Bottomline though, anytime I have an issue/question, the service from Patrick is flawless, therefore priceless.
    Current
    2008 M5 6 Spd
    2000 Z3 2.8 5 Spd MSport
    2012 X5 35d Sport
    1995 540i 6 Spd
    1992 535i 5 Spd

Former
    1995 530iA
    1986 635CSI 5 Spd
    2011 X3 2.8 MSport

Like anyone else - costs are going up. Shipment - fuel etc. I don't see this stuff getting any cheaper in the near future.
    Derek A.
    90 535i 5 Speed - Style 5 17"

Quote Originally Posted by Derek A.
    Like anyone else - costs are going up. Shipment - fuel etc. I don't see this stuff getting any cheaper in the near future.
    Yeah, I only hope we will still be able to drive our cars in 10 years or so... If anything, I hope at least this forum will be online so we can all weep together.
    BMW E34 528i, M52B28 + M50 manifold, Remus exhaust, ///M Parallel Spoke 18" rims

The guys on roadfly told me to talk to Partick and what to say. He gave me a deal that beat e german parts. Lesson learned- when you call ask for Partick, if he is not ther call back when he is.

BTW I am not dissing BMA. I have little money so I make the most of what I have an price talks. They may have made owning BMWs affordable but if someone makes them more affordable to own then I will do business with them. As long a Patrick keeps having the lowest price he has my business.

i didn't have the "words" to express my concern before.
    i love the resource they provide. i've made 3 orders with them in the past 5 weeks.
    but i realised something in the hours that have passed since i made the first post. my concern is not with them raising their prices, or not giving as deep a discount as they might have in years past, its that several items i KNOW in years past have been cheaper at bma are now at parity with dealership prices (when one factors in the s+h), and not just petty things like fasteners. I wanted to buy a temp sensor the other week.....bma was only $3 cheaper (they had two brands of sensor, of which the cheaper brand was not in stock), and at parity with the dealer whne you factor in shipping. some things.....like oil filters are still outrageously expensive at the dealer (no one is going to pay $9.xx for a m50 oil filter), but it would seem like the dealer is "absorbing" inflation into their prices by NOT raising them. someone suggested that i was "dissing" them.....im really not. both patrick and yves know my name, and usually give me a great deal and excellent service. its just that, i guess, i've been making too many trips to the dealer for stuff lately, and it manifested itself in me finally complaining in this manner.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast