GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Looking at a '00+ 323ci, have questions..

Default Looking at a '00+ 323ci, have questions..

This is my first post and my first visit to this site. I'm finally selling my Lincoln Navigator to get something a little more practical, and I've been looking at a 2000+ 323ci. I have never driven or ridden in any kind of Bimmer before, and I was just wondering if you guys could let me know how well they ride, handle, etc. Another thing that worries me is the fact that I don't know how reliable BMW's are. Are they as bad as a Benz? I just need something nice looking and reliable to cruise around in, I'm not looking to beat the hell out of it at the track or anything. Thanks in advance!

Default Are you willing to stay with it on maintenance?

These are not Hondas. My wife's '95 525i has 131k miles on it, but I stay current on oil changes, filters, spark plugs, cooling system service (yes, you must service the cooling system), hoses, belts, etc. Expect to spend at least $1000 per year on recommended maintenance on these cars. They are rough on brakes (expect to replace rotors when you replace pads, about every 35-50k miles). Find a good BMW independent mechanic and become his friend. Take him a six-pack of his favorite beverage when you take your car in for service.

That is the bad. The good is the huge smile on your face when you drive it. I smile every time I get behind the wheel of my 15 year old 3-series. My wife's 525i is still sharp enough to go out on the town with and make you look back over your shoulder as you walk away from parking it.

BMW's handle like a dream. Tight steering, firm suspension, rigid body, all work together to produce synergy. I love the feel, and hope to always be able to have at least one BMW in the stable.
    Bill B.
    95 525i