GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Speeding question...

Default Speeding question...

Umm, I wanted to hange my speedometer setting in the OBC so I can dyno my car and drop a ticket that I got about a month ago or so. I know theres a function to do that in OBC, has anyone tried it before?

-Artem

Just pay the ticket. No point messing about with the car just to get away with a speeding ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    Just pay the ticket. No point messing about with the car just to get away with a speeding ticket.
    Well.. insurance surcharges are the main problem. I think it might be easy if I just change the number in a computer, and then show up at a dyno... and then its simple, put the old number in a computer nd it should be good.

Anyone done that before?

-Artem

Sounds kind of shady and illegal.

Imho, if one gets caught speeding on a public roadway and there's no legitimate way to contest (ie, placement of the gun, if it was radar), that person deserves the ticket and the consequences.

A good reason to own a V1 and two lidateks

And actually, there's some speculation that those stupid xenon lights mess up laser guns, as well. So you could get a set of those and speed around at night.

best, whit

sounds crafty but I dont think ther OBC will change the speed a lot (like 10 mph)

search for hidden OBD functions
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by lowell

Imho, if one gets caught speeding on a public roadway and there's no legitimate way to contest (ie, placement of the gun, if it was radar), that person deserves the ticket and the consequences.

And actually, there's some speculation that those stupid xenon lights mess up laser guns, as well. So you could get a set of those and speed around at night.

best, whit

Haha well i had a radar... I was literally looking for it like an hour before, and it is not a huge ticket - i wasnt speeding much i just dont wnat the surcharge...

And if my BMW is technically advanced enough to help me solve a problem, why not take advantage of it

-Artem

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    sounds crafty but I dont think ther OBC will change the speed a lot (like 10 mph)

search for hidden OBD functions

BTW - 10MPH would be enough or the dyno to be off... And i was speeding lke alittle more than 10MPH

Legal way to fight speeding tickets:

Disclaimer: This post is not intended as an endorsement of any illegal activity, and is not intended to serve in leui of a legal professional. There are no warranties, implied or implicit, associated with the information contained herein. The information contained is made available as a reference, without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, motoring preferences, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of the learner. The attached file is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original file, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the provider. Void where prohibited by law.

http://www.leistungmotorwerkes.com/Traffic%20Book.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by lowell

best, whit
    Very Shady. Be a man and be responsible for your acts!

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Default Here's something for an E36 it might work on an E34

The following is from a 1993 posting attributed to Jim Conforti for the E36 OBC-

"To determine if your OBC is eligible .. press 1000 and 10 together ..

you should see TEST NO -- or something like that --

Now, some of the functions are locked out .. I do NOT recommend messing with them and you do so at your own risk ... that said ..

To unlock all functions .. press 1000 and 10 and at the TEST prompt enter 19 using the keys .. press SET/RES .. you should see LOCK:ON or something similar ... press the DATE key (today you'd see 07.14) and add the two numbers (day and month) together (today 21)

Now enter the number you just calculated (21) and press SET/RES

TADA .. you just unlocked the secret functions ...

To lock them back up .. press 1000 and 10 then enter 19, SET/RES, now press SET/RES again, it should show .. LOCK:ON again

In general when I show a test I enter it by pressing 1000 and 10 together then enter the number of the test with the numeric key and press SET/RES to actually execute the test ...

Test numbers for E36 OBC (Note: This should also work for the 535!)

1 Display Test .. all LCDs and LEDs activate 2 Current Consumption in l/100km
    3 Current Consumption in L/hour
    4 Average Consumption (used to calc. Range) 5 Current Range
    6 Not used ..
    7 Average Fuel in Tank (l)
    8 Current Speed (km/h)
    9 System Voltage at terminal R
    10 Country/Language
    11 Units/ AM.PM
    12 Average Speed (km/h) for calc. ETA
    13 ETA
    14 Date of software/mask of OBC
    15 Production Diagnosis (??)
    16 Production Diagnosis (??)
    17 Display Vehicle Specific Data
    18 Alarm Changeover (continuous v. intermittent) 19 LOCK/UNLOCK all functions
    20 Correction Factor for OBC Fuel Consumption (SEE BELOW!) 21 Reset all defect codes, date and time ... activate by pressing SET/RES

Note: #20 the factor is used to correct the OBC Avg Fuel Consumption figure to reality .. if your OBC is off a bit ... fill UP totally ... run tank down and refill ... calculate your Actual MPG ..

Now enter test 20 get the old Correction Factor .. NEW CF = OLD CF *(Actual MPG/OBC MPG)

enter the NEW CF using the numeric kays and hit SET/RES to store ..

PLEASE record you OLD CF so that IF you screw up you can always go back to what it was .."

Note: on my E34 ///M5 there is a slight deviation from the E36 procedure list above. To lock the system I press the F/C button on the left rather than the SET/RES button. Other models may have other deviations