GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Picture help

Default Picture help

I've finally got some half decent photos of my car and my plate (that opened Pandora's Box a few weeks ago!!!) I can't seem to attach the photos to my signature. I've followed all the rules but still can't get it to work.. I run MAC OSx using Safari as my server. Please help!
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia

Are you getting an error message that the files or too large? It would be easier to help if you told us what happens.

Here is BigKriss's write up on posting pictures. It has a download for resizing picture and it explains how to host. I use both imageshack (link in Kristain's post) and photobucket http://www.photobucket.com/ Sometimes one or the other just won't work for reasons I don't understand. Sometimes I just crop to get the size down to 39 kb and just directly attach.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Gayle,

Just wanted you to know that I finally figured out on the picture posting. Thanks for all the help.

Stephen
    535 Rear Wheel Enjoyment

Quote Originally Posted by wingman
    I've finally got some half decent photos of my car and my plate (that opened Pandora's Box a few weeks ago!!!) I can't seem to attach the photos to my signature. I've followed all the rules but still can't get it to work.. I run MAC OSx using Safari as my server. Please help!
    Wee neeed much more info to help you!

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

one of the first things to look at is if your images have the appropriate suffix at the end of it's file name. Apple images don't necessarily end in:
    * .jpg
    * .gif
    * . bmp

Look at your files and see if they end with an image suffix...if they don't...just add .jpg to the end of the name (I'll assume you know how to rename your Mac files.)...and see if that helps.
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

Default OSX TIGER SAFARI user here.

Check the ending suffix---then add these tags to the beginning and end of the image URL.

Tags= [img] (begining)

Tags= [/img] (end)

hope this helps--you can PM me if you need help checking the suffix.

Stephen

listen to gayle, she is talented in this

mmmmm,
    I'm using a jpeg file that I've reduced to fit inside the required parameters. I've managed to get an awful photo on my profile but I can't seem to attach one to my signature. I'll try again soon and let you all know EXACTLY what's happening.
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia

send a private message to bigkriss, he knows the routine.

To do your picture profile, did you upload directly from your computer or did you link a hosted picture?

For the signature, I am pretty sure you have to be using a hosted picture and do the [img] and [/img] around the url to the hosting site. I don't think you can directly upload for the signature.

Photobucket will both resize and generate the code for you. Imageshack generates the code for you but insists that the pic be zipped before it will accept it.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler