GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dont Say I never gave you guys anything good!!! Top Gear E34 Road Test video **link**

Quote Originally Posted by Torque
    I can't either. Snow, open diff mmmm

lol I gotta get some pics similar to your sig - in snow.
    Do it! But be careful

1992 525i 5 speed (Calypso/Parchment) - 1989 525iA (Schwartz/Natur) SOLD

Sweet dood.... a young Tiff, much diff than the gray haired version on 5th Gear these days.

Top Gear is stripped down on Discovery, but 5th Gear is super stripped down on Speed... Maybe if enough people complain they'll start showing the full episodes.

A 5th Gear on last week, they bashed the new 5 appearance soooo much.
    Current
    2008 M5 6 Spd
    2000 Z3 2.8 5 Spd MSport
    2012 X5 35d Sport
    1995 540i 6 Spd
    1992 535i 5 Spd

Former
    1995 530iA
    1986 635CSI 5 Spd
    2011 X3 2.8 MSport

Sweet video.

awesome video! can i download the 89-90 seasons from you? e-mail me if its possible amirmissaghi@gmail.com thanks.
    -amir

Quote Originally Posted by xphilter
    awesome video! can i download the 89-90 seasons from you? e-mail me if its possible amirmissaghi@gmail.com thanks.
    I dont have the bandwidth for that. go to google and find yourself a Bit Torrent client, then head over to www.mininova.org and search Top Gear. you'll find the 1989-1990 seasons, plus the newer ones as well.
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

Thanks for the vid! Now I can show off the E34 even more at work ... before I leave!

Do you have the clip of the crash Top Gear did ... I remember someone saying that they crashed an E34 into another car.

Thanks again!
    Ken

how do you open up those ports on your router... i could never get bit tourent to work before thats probly why.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    i love the e34 in the video. I think it's an m5, is it? my car exhibits power understeer. where can i download other driver training videos?
    Thats extremely odd that your car would exhibit power understeer, very rare for a rear wheel drive car. My car, which is the same as yours exhibits power oversteer at will. I think you said something to me about having adjustable anti-roll bars, this could probably cause understeer or oversteer if they wer adjusted differently than normal. Still, your car should oversteer under power.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    Thats extremely odd that your car would exhibit power understeer, very rare for a rear wheel drive car. My car, which is the same as yours exhibits power oversteer at will. I think you said something to me about having adjustable anti-roll bars, this could probably cause understeer or oversteer if they wer adjusted differently than normal. Still, your car should oversteer under power.

This could be a function of low-grip tires on the front. The e34 is designed (along with almost every other non ///M BMW) to understeer as a safety design. I suppose it's better to hit the tree dead on than hit it sideways or backwards
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

Youre saying that the tires on front are different somehow from those on the rear? My tires are the same on the front as the rear, my brothers e28 535im also has power oversteer. I believe that that was a 535im in the video. I can understand how it would be possible for just plain understeer to be present in a rear-drive car but, as the video explains, there is really no way for application of power to the rear wheels can cause the front to break traction more readily than the rear. Perhaps the e34 is designed to understeer with power oversteer...however i personally dont think this to be the case, the e34 in the video oversteer even when not under what might appear to be full throttle. Also, any "true drivers car" such as a BMW, i would think, would be made to oversteer more readily than understeer. Like tiff said, something like "oversteer is much more fun."

I am very interested to find out some of the more subtle handling characteristics of a typical BMW. I dont push my car to the limit very often, the only time my car breaks traction is at low speeds and around corners at low speeds. I remember riding in my brothers BMW for the first time after he got it and it was really the first rear-drive car with a sufficient amount of power that i had ridden in, thus it was able to power-oversteer on dry pavement at moderate speeds. Quite a new experience for me. Personally, i would think oversteer would be more controllable for the experienced driver. Although i dont profess to hold great skill in high speed driving, i think i would feel rather helpless in a car whose front tires were plowing off an embankment or into a tree.

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerd00d
    This could be a function of low-grip tires on the front. The e34 is designed (along with almost every other non ///M BMW) to understeer as a safety design. I suppose it's better to hit the tree dead on than hit it sideways or backwards
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast