GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: EAT chip installation

Default EAT chip installation

I just installed a chip in my car. If I can do it, ANYONE can. I was hesitant at first but Mark assured me it was simple. What a difference it makes! I recommend it to anyone who has ever considered doing it. DO IT!! You won't be sorry, it feels like I unhitched the house trailer I had attached to the back of my car. The added punch from a dead stop alone is worth it. No more lag!!! I love it! Thanks Mark.
    Last edited by KenB; 07-13-2006 at 03:28 PM.

Default Octane question for MarkD

Cool, I will install mine soon (time permitting).

I know Mark suggests 91 octane. I noticed we have 87, 89, or 93 available around here (and of course each grade jumps about $.10 per gallon). Given the options, will 89 work or should I bite the bullet at 93? (1990 525)

Quote Originally Posted by KenB
    I just installed a chip in my car. If I can do it, ANYONE can. I was hesitant at first but Mark assured me it was simple. What a difference it makes! I recommend it to anyone who has ever considered doing it. DO IT!! You won't be sorry, it feels like I unhitched the house trailer I had attached to the back of my car. The added punch from a dead stop alone is worth it. No more lag!!! I love it! Thanks Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by kjbcpa
    Cool, I will install mine soon (time permitting).

I know Mark suggests 91 octane. I noticed we have 87, 89, or 93 available around here (and of course each grade jumps about $.10 per gallon). Given the options, will 89 work or should I bite the bullet at 93? (1990 525)
    I don't know your real name so can't look up what chip you ordered but I assume it's for the M20. That chip likes 91 but you may luck out with 89. Try it with 89 and if you hear any pinging at all, mix 89 and 93 1:1.

(or add enough 93 so you don't get any pinging)

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD
    I don't know your real name so can't look up what chip you ordered but I assume it's for the M20. That chip likes 91 but you may luck out with 89. Try it with 89 and if you hear any pinging at all, mix 89 and 93 1:1.

(or add enough 93 so you don't get any pinging)

Mark

I am still getting some very slight pinging with the chip. I have always used 93 octane gas. Would a coil that is starting to fail cause pinging? It is intermittant. Any suggestions???