GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Phone removal and dashboard display

Default Phone removal and dashboard display

The previous owner of my 92 525i removed the factory cell phone. On a previous thread, I read when the phone is removed it would cause the date/time/etc from being displayed on the dashboard. Has anyone experienced this same situation? If so, where on the car should I start looking to fix this problem? The previous thread mentioned some flat clips, and running wire between some of the connections, but he had the luxury of knowing where these clips were since he removed the phone.

Thanks for your assistance!!

Default Try here at this old link for a description of it.

Here on an old roadfly post

Quote Originally Posted by crowegreg
    The previous owner of my 92 525i removed the factory cell phone. On a previous thread, I read when the phone is removed it would cause the date/time/etc from being displayed on the dashboard. Has anyone experienced this same situation? If so, where on the car should I start looking to fix this problem? The previous thread mentioned some flat clips, and running wire between some of the connections, but he had the luxury of knowing where these clips were since he removed the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by crowegreg

When you push in the turn siganal stalk, do you get OBC info on the led readout in your instrument cluster?

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by uscharalph
    When you push in the turn siganal stalk, do you get OBC info on the led readout in your instrument cluster?
    No, that's what I'm looking to fix. Everything that I've read talks about when the phone is removed, you need to do some special wiring. But with the phone installed before I purchased the automobile, I do not know where these wires might be located. All the links talk about what needs to be done, but they fail to tell "where" the fix needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.

Thanks for the link. I've read it previously, but I can't determine where these items are in order to fix them. Any assistance would be appreciated!!