GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brakes, pads and rotors in MN?

Default Brakes, pads and rotors in MN?

Who should I contact for brake parts here in Minneapolis? Or should I order from out of state?

http://www.bmaparts.com

But, CALL them. Talk to Patrick. Mention .info and get an even better price. Their web site is usually not indicative of what they'll charge, anyway.

best, whit

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    http://www.bmaparts.com

But, CALL them. Talk to Patrick. Mention .info and get an even better price. Their web site is usually not indicative of what they'll charge, anyway.

best, whit
    Thanks Dude! I'll call them. Nice Ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Never Summer
    Thanks Dude! I'll call them. Nice Ride!
    Actually, that is not 100% true. At BMA, the prices tend to be lower if you call but you have to pay for shipping, which costs by the weight. That's why it is always better to order heavy items online from BMA to get the free shipping. And when you call BMA, they will always tell you that.

By the way, Pat is not the only one there. Yves, Taylor & Doug are all great as well. Yves is Patrick's brother.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call or email them, but in re: to above, just wanted to comment. I IM to Taylor parts questions all the time.

Thank you for the info. I may contact them. I'm not sure what to do cause, I like to drive vehicles with decent working parts, for safety reasons and for fun clean driving. Anyway, to make a long story short, my Beamer is my secondary vehicle and the wife wants me to sell it. I've only had it for a short time, and I have put some money in it and fixed AC/Heat, and new exhaust/piping/converter/muffler system. But of course I have become attached to this car. In the mean time, the brakes are ok, but will probably need pads and rotors soon, and I could use some decent tires. The guy I bought it from can get parts cheap too, so I was just checking my options and tested this forum, as I am a newby to this stuff. Thanks

I'll stop now!

Just so you know, it's "bimmer" in the states. A "beamer" is a BMW motorcycle. Opposite applies everywhere else.

Let me warn you about "cheap" parts. They're...uh..cheap for a reason. Stick to OEM/dealer parts with this car. It's not a chevy, and lord knows the people in China and Mexico manage to mess up parts for that marque -- can you imagine what they can do to something related to a BMW?

best, whit

Default Bimmer

Thanks - now I know. I'm obviously new to this forum thing and as you can tell I don't really know alot about cars either! Bimmer in the States OK. Is that pronounced same way "Beamer"?

Regarding cheap parts, I knew that was the wrong thing to say, and after I wrote it, I knew it would be taken the wrong way. At least I can appreciate a nice car, and what I meant was very high tech parts made for the vehicle at the lowest cost possible. I definetly know the difference between American vehicles vs. foreign. And I know by personnel experience that China uses some cheap ass metals. (Bearings blew out on my little mini bike, and new China model bearing $2 suck steel and good German I think? made bearings $10 a pop, but obviously stronger steel).

By the way my other car is a Black 99 VW Passat with a custom front end! I have a good relationship with the dude that sells these vehicles to me, and he specializes in Audi and VW. Are those vehicles a bad thing to talk about on a BMW forum?

Later, Team Never Summer

Hey never summer

im the guy you talked to at the gas station on sunday.. did you ever find a source for your exhaust?
    -Pekka

Quote Originally Posted by Never Summer
    Thank you for the info. I may contact them. I'm not sure what to do cause, I like to drive vehicles with decent working parts, for safety reasons and for fun clean driving. Anyway, to make a long story short, my Beamer is my secondary vehicle and the wife wants me to sell it. I've only had it for a short time, and I have put some money in it and fixed AC/Heat, and new exhaust/piping/converter/muffler system. But of course I have become attached to this car. In the mean time, the brakes are ok, but will probably need pads and rotors soon, and I could use some decent tires. The guy I bought it from can get parts cheap too, so I was just checking my options and tested this forum, as I am a newby to this stuff. Thanks

I'll stop now!
    Don't sell!

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Hey Dude! I was wondering when I might hear from you again. My first name is Davison. Never Summer is a snowboard manufacturer in Denver, CO and I like thier boards. So I pretend to be sponsered by them, because I spend so much money on thier products!

Anyway, as far as my exhaust system, I got scammed from Midas. But at least it sounds nice now. The piping was completely rusted off and not even attached to old mufflers. I went ahead and had them replace the whole system (piping, catalytic converter, mufflers, etc.) for big bucks!

But I have been in touch with the rig master (Bret), and he might be able to help with some odds and ends (trim, etc.) . Thanks for the contact information and this forum thing is cool, huh? I hope I can keep my BMW for a while. Fun car, but could use lots of work. Do you drive yours through the winter months? I should probably invest in some decent all season radials.

Talk to ya later, Davison (Team Never Summer) !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast