GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Comfort relay E34 RT hand drive diesel?

Default Comfort relay E34 RT hand drive diesel?

Still looking for the damed thing, assuming it has one on a 1994 525TDs U.K. Rt Hand drive spec.

The fault is no elec window operation, None work at all, All fuses I can find are OK, including the fusible link near battery under rear seat

Checked under both sides of dash, after removing both the glove-box upper panel and steering-wheel covers as well as the lower panel above pedals only large multiplugs and wiring looms. Only relay was a non-standard one cut into the starter cct for some cruddy imobiliser.....
    This thing gave me problems so I removed it and put as maker intended........
    Ive looked all over for a blue relay that may fit its description to no avail.
    Search continues.........

Any clues??

As far as I know, all electric window operations are handled by the general module and relay module, two black boxes under the back seat. The general module does the thinking for the windows/interior lights/wipers, and the relay module is just a bunch of relays for the higher current circuits. You have to remove the black plastic cover (3-4 screws) to see them.

I've never heard of this comfort relay, you sure you don't mean the relay module?

I did a search here, and guys had some problems with this part, but I was unable to find it.

Logical examination of the schematics for the window cct do not show it, but as you say, they do point to the general/relay modules under the rear seat--If the weather was better I would investigate today, but its pretty grim at the moment!

It may be an issue caused by the poor installation of this alarm system, as its linked into the centarl locking/general module, and could be causing the general module safety relay to be in the wrong position..............