GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what we need here is.....

Default what we need here is.....

Okay so, I just got here and already I'm posting to many threads. I've posted many questions and had them answered. It's great, but all the threads are still left over when I'm done. I mean there are something like 9,000 threads here. You could spend all day just answering the first 5 pages, and I have enormous respect for all the guys who do, but what we need here is an archiver function. I mean, the premise here is that the threads are left over for access to old questions, but what if after I feel I've gotten a sufficient responce to the question I posted, I have the power to close down the thread via archive function. Then if some nube, like me, has a question, the search function would reference the archives, but remove the thread from the forum. Doesn't that sound better than 9,000 threads? Please tell me who runs this forum, so that Ican help fix this.

Thanks,

Stephen

Stephen

What a great idea....and like some great idea's.. it already being done.

-Charles
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

If you actually go to the main page. http://www.bimmer.info/forum/index.php?

scroll down and you will see the archives. You will also see the names of people managing each archive. You can PM any of them with any more detail instructions that you feel would help improve this board.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Quote Originally Posted by HDhandyman
    Okay so, I just got here and already I'm posting to many threads. I've posted many questions and had them answered. It's great, but all the threads are still left over when I'm done. I mean there are something like 9,000 threads here. You could spend all day just answering the first 5 pages, and I have enormous respect for all the guys who do, but what we need here is an archiver function. I mean, the premise here is that the threads are left over for access to old questions, but what if after I feel I've gotten a sufficient responce to the question I posted, I have the power to close down the thread via archive function. Then if some nube, like me, has a question, the search function would reference the archives, but remove the thread from the forum. Doesn't that sound better than 9,000 threads? Please tell me who runs this forum, so that Ican help fix this.

Thanks,

Stephen
    21 posts and already he's rearranging the forum.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by uscharalph
    21 posts and already he's rearranging the forum.
    That's just because he never saw the old board ... this is like the mother of all organization compared to how old one was.

I seem to remember a fair amount of resistance expressed when the 'new' board was suggested on the 'old' board. Wasn't there a poll??

I think most (all) of us have gotten very comfortable with the new format.

Dave M

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

u need to speak to gayle! take some deep breaths and have a good look at some of the other things we do here. we are working on it mate, meanwhile have a great time looking about. The old threads are managed in such a way that only relevant and correct material is archived. To often threads contain information which is full of what people think and do not know for sure. we are fortunate that we have the most incredibly experienced folks on this board and they decide whats archived and not others. This way we do not end up with a whole load of **** in the archives.every one is welcome to contribute, and I am sure if you will find your own way of doing this soon enough. Welcome and enjoy the people.

Hey Gang,

You people seem rather sensitive. Chill, ok. I wasn't trying to hurt anybody's feelings here. But, 12,000 threads is rediculous--sorry if that hurts your feelings. I already really enjoy this forum. I was just offering to help make it a little more plausible. And, I'll continue to enjoy myself despite the fact that some feel the need to vote on joining the 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by HDhandyman
    .....need to vote on joining the 21st century.
    1) Voting Good

2) Whats so great about the 21st Century and how.... 9/11? WMD? The New BMWs?

:-)

Charles
    P.S. Been working with Gayle to find my feminine side
    P.S.S Not that females are sensitive
    P.S.S.S J/K
    P.S.S.S.S I am not j/k about not all females and not being sensitive
    P.S.S.S.S.S /me pulls up the backhoe and starts digging even faster :-)

(Sorry Gayle)
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast