GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: @Rigmaster& DIYers: inflatable autolift

Default @Rigmaster& DIYers: inflatable autolift

Is that available in the US?

Shogun has it from Germany

That is the ideal stuff for people like you and me, working on cars with no concrete underneath, like your farm or soft ground. And also for the others, especially when changing to snow chains etc.

Looks a bit funny on that small car. But:
    Solves all the problems, no worry to get scratches, uses the exhaust gases to pump it up.
    Has a check valve, so that engine can be stopped after inflation.

From the ad:
    Autolift - more than just a jack! Secure hold due to large support surfaces, no damage to paintwork, lifts two wheels in the air at the same time, ideal for soft terrain (sand, snow), supplied in handy bag. The balloon air jack with remarkable performance. No other jack has so many advantages than this robust and powerful car lift. Simply attach to the exhaust pipe and it's ready to use. The running engine's (idle) exhaust fumes pump up the balloon jack. (a check valve prevents deflation). No injuries resulting from slipping off the lever. Can be placed under all carrying parts, e.g. in the centre of the car or the axle. Also ideal for changing wheels and applying snow chains, as the vehicle can be raised in such a way as to make two wheels accessible at the same time. Raises cars, trailers, caravans, etc. up to 2000kg permissible overall weight. Max. height: 60 cms!!!!

Sold in Germany by Westfalia
    Weight is 2657 gramms only.
    Price is 44.99 EURO, so maybe 55 US $.

http://www2.westfalia.de/

Here is the link to the German website of Westfalia. Copy and paste:

BALLONWAGENHEBER 3T

into the link on the top left under "Suchen" and then click suchen and it will show the article.

holy shiat!

is that thing for real?
    i have absolutely no disposable income, but if it were in the 50ish euro range i'd buy one immediately. can you get under the car using it as the only support?
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default Interesting - US availability?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    can you get under the car using it as the only support?
    Would you want to get under the car with ONLY that for support? Murphy's law says NOT. Besides, if you are going to need to get under the car to work, you probably need to be where the bag sits, so you'll need stands to allow access to the work you want to do. But, what a cool deal for tire rotations and even getting the car up to put jackstands underneath. Looks like it lifts up pretty high, too.

has anyone acually used this? isnt westfalia the same company that had the "rotate your car onto its side" lift?

Default Have not tested it yet

Is on the way to here. But the idea looks really good. Especially for my purpose as I often have to lift the cars now when I work on the cars in the backyard with no concrete underneath. If you have a lot of snow in winter, it might also be helpful to lift the car for putting snow chains on etc.
    I think for such purpose it is quite good. As we have earthquakes, I will do it the save way and put additional jacks underneath after lifting it.

But don't tell me that the German's have something what is not available in the US
    For sure someone sells it. Just find it.

BTW: They have a nice thing I just found there under innovations. A signal light for parking in your garage. 30-20-10 cm by ultrasound and the light changes. Good for narrow japanese parking spaces

They used to sell these in Canada. I remember watching a neighbor use one of these to lift his '70s era full size Buick station wagon after taking a few bets from other neighbors. This was back in the late '70s. Being a teen but not yet a driver I thought it was pretty cool - good "gee-wiz" factor.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun

But don't tell me that the German's have something what is not available in the US
    For sure someone sells it. Just find it.
    Anthony
    03/64 production

'91M5 - 11/90, was mine, it's Jim's now.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    Is that available in the US?

Shogun has it from Germany

That is the ideal stuff for people like you and me, working on cars with no concrete underneath, like your farm or soft ground. And also for the others, especially when changing to snow chains etc.

Looks a bit funny on that small car. But:
    Solves all the problems, no worry to get scratches, uses the exhaust gases to pump it up.
    Has a check valve, so that engine can be stopped after inflation.

From the ad:
    Autolift - more than just a jack! Secure hold due to large support surfaces, no damage to paintwork, lifts two wheels in the air at the same time, ideal for soft terrain (sand, snow), supplied in handy bag. The balloon air jack with remarkable performance. No other jack has so many advantages than this robust and powerful car lift. Simply attach to the exhaust pipe and it's ready to use. The running engine's (idle) exhaust fumes pump up the balloon jack. (a check valve prevents deflation). No injuries resulting from slipping off the lever. Can be placed under all carrying parts, e.g. in the centre of the car or the axle. Also ideal for changing wheels and applying snow chains, as the vehicle can be raised in such a way as to make two wheels accessible at the same time. Raises cars, trailers, caravans, etc. up to 2000kg permissible overall weight. Max. height: 60 cms!!!!

Sold in Germany by Westfalia
    Weight is 2657 gramms only.
    Price is 44.99 EURO, so maybe 55 US $.

http://www2.westfalia.de/

Here is the link to the German website of Westfalia. Copy and paste:

BALLONWAGENHEBER 3T

into the link on the top left under "Suchen" and then click suchen and it will show the article.
    "BALLONWAGENHEBER 3T"

LOL!!! I could just see my nephew wanting to use it differently. LOL!!

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Interesting, I just did a "back of an envelope" calculation, and the increase in back pressure is about 0.01 bar on an e34. Shouldn't be too much load on an engine, can't wait to get one.

Default If you do a Google search for "air jack"...

...you will find plenty of different types in Australian. I think I have also seen them on Ebay Australia. Search "air jack"

regards
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast