GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 735 Seat

Default 735 Seat

I jot a 735 seat at a junk jard, but I have a 525i. The seat fits perfect, but the electric plugs are different. If anyone knows how to adapted the plugs, please let me know?

are they memory seats? if not you could probably just grab a light blulb or voltmeter and figure out what is what by trial and error

You need the harness from the 735 to make it work.

My writeup on installing the memory seats and other garbage from a '94 740il still isn't done, but it will detail how to execute the install. It's quite simple, really.

best, whit

Default yes it is memory seat

Yes it is a memory seat.
    Can you tell me what a harness is?
    because I have all the plugs from the original car.

It has more pins. To make it fully operatable you need the memory module under the driver seat, the wiring harness, new memory rear view mirrors and new cable loom for this (more cables, more pins, as it has also the dip down function on the pass rear view mirror.
    Details on memory seats and mirrors on my website on the link to Techboy. It is training material for service eng's.

The harness is the loom of wire that runs between the various components, in this case -- of the memory setup. There are multiple harnesses (harnii?) in a modern car -- engine, body, engine bay, trunk. Most are modular and interface at one or more of the electrical centers (front hood eBox or under the rear seat). Depending on the year, the donor could've had memory seats, mirrors, and potentially telescoping steering column. The memory harness has to be added to your car; I don't know the specifics on the earlier system, but on the later system (what my car now uses), the harness interfaces with the standard seat 12 pin plug and then has connectors for the memory control module/lumbar/everything else. If it's the early system, the wiring may be integrated into the body harness and you may have to start splicing wires (I don't know). Again, not that difficult if you know what to do -- mark connections and make them.

Also, depending on the year of your car and that of the donor, you may run into airbag problems.

Best, whit

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    It has more pins. To make it fully operatable you need the memory module under the driver seat, the wiring harness, new memory rear view mirrors and new cable loom for this (more cables, more pins, as it has also the dip down function on the pass rear view mirror.
    Details on memory seats and mirrors on my website on the link to Techboy. It is training material for service eng's.

Erich, a fully functional memory retrofit requires that the door harnesses be swapped, as well: the stock non memory mirrors utilize four out of the potential 8 (10? 12? I forget the exact number) pin spots in the door harness mirror connector; the adjustment switch in the driver's door is also different and requires an extra wire. Then there's the whole lock actuator issue. Changing the door harnesses is a bitch -- ask me how I know

best, whit

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    Erich, a fully functional memory retrofit requires that the door harnesses be swapped, as well: the stock non memory mirrors utilize four out of the potential 8 (10? 12? I forget the exact number) pin spots in the door harness mirror connector; the adjustment switch in the driver's door is also different and requires an extra wire. Then there's the whole lock actuator issue. Changing the door harnesses is a bitch -- ask me how I know

best, whit
    Sounds like a lot of work.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

I have the black box under neat the seat. But the wires from the 525i are only 7 wires that comes out. This new seat has four diferent plugs and many wires. I just need to make it work with the basics only. I don't need the memory all of that basic movements thats all I need.
    If someone can tell me how to conect the seven wires that comes out of the 525i to make it work.

Go to my website and look for the online wiring diagrams for your model and year. Maybe you can find them there.

Or this here from my website
    http://www.hyrumswebsite.com/BMW_pdfs/smm.pdf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast