GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: A bunch of questions... and does anyone have a passenger side mirror housing/mirror?

Default A bunch of questions... and does anyone have a passenger side mirror housing/mirror?

Hello, I am returning to this forum cause im on a break :-)

Soo I got 10 days to spend working on my car, or at least thinking about it.

Since i got my car i fixed a LOT in it and here is a list of stuff i have fixed so far:
    - Front shocks replaced
    - Front thrust arms replaced
    - Front tie rods replaced (hoping they dont fall apart - i might have overtightened them... but ive driven the car for about a thousand miles since... and it seems fine)
    - Front sway bar endlinks replaced
    - Pass. side headlight replaced
    - Taillights replaced
    - Replaced stock rims with 740I honeycomb rims (looks sweet)
    - Cleaned the ICV
    - Replaced Tranny fluids/all tranny seals (At a shop... $350!)
    - Got new tires
    - Cut off all the fender rust, sanded rust down a little and pained it with primer and rust proofed it - there was a bunch of rust left that i painted over (hopefully it holds up)
    -Realigned the bumpers
    - maybe i dont remember some things but this is all/most of the stuff i did so far to the car and it runs good.

Things that are still wrong with it:
    - Idle is fine now after the ICV in newtral and park, however... when i stop it in drive for longer thna ~7 seconds... the idle still drops to about 550-600 and sometimes the car will slip out of gear, like it used to do al lthe time before after warming up... (when i keep it at higher RPMs it wont do that)

- Mirror surround for a passanger side rearview mirror (someone stole/bumped/did something... basically its off now and I couldnt find it nearby) So i need a new mirror. - send me a PM if you got one :-P

-Fenders might need to be replaced, actually they need to be replaced. The parts i cut off are minor but the car doesnt look as nice as it would have with complete fenders... (i cut off about an inch off one of them and the oter one is actually sort of in one piece, but... its still isnt great

- Foglight(s) will need to be replaced - one of them is cracked and the other one is just not sitting right - its got a broken plastic piece that a bolt goes through to keep it on a bumper. so i might need a pair. - PM me ;-)

- I would like to update my interior a bit, make it look nicer, so please if any one of you out there got a nice suggestion im all about it, my school has CNC machines so I can actually machine something if i want it (such as a shifter knob... or something similar) - i always wanted to make it look like the automatic shifter knobs on the new cars...

Well any suggestions/ideas - let me know :-)

-Artem

- PS the tranny mounts need to be replaced.. so I am wondering if anyone has done any of that before.
    Last edited by ArtemLepilov; 10-14-2005 at 10:35 PM.

I remember you. You posted in August about your slipping transmission. The $1200 car saved from death. I can't believe all that you have done in 2 months!!!!!!!
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    I remember you. You posted in August about your slipping transmission. The $1200 car saved from death. I can't believe all that you have done in 2 months!!!!!!!
    Haha, thanks :-) I try... I would have done more stuff if i wasnt as lazy and if i didnt have school. But the car looks MUCH better than before it rides a hell of a lot better too.

-Artem

bump

Didya check your PM's?????? In the upper right corner of the screen.

I sent you one yesterday with some info.

Bret.

lol...$8800 to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy