GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blacked Out Grill

Default Blacked Out Grill

So I got a little bored and took the chrome trip pieces of my grill (note sig pic below) and wraped them neatly in electrical tape to see what they might look like blacked out.

I'm not sure what to think of it, actaully. I kind of miss the chrome, it looks pretty plain now.

I'll get pictures up later, right now my roommate has them stashed on his computer, sorry

What do you guys think? Any of you with good shots of your grills blacked out?

If it wasn't for the dirt and the unfinsiehd edges, i'd say the car almost looked good with out the grill trim period... the holes were even larger and wider. It was neat.

I had some coverups color matched when I had my decks repainted.

I just washed the car last weekend and now it's covered in bugs again, I'll get some pics taken and posted in the "VIRTUAL CAR SHOW" as soon as it's cleaned up and the new wheels & tires are on.

I like the cover up look, but somedays I I want my chrome back... I put them on with 3M sticky tape though, so it should make for easy removal if I want to change back.

94 540i / 255k / 165k on the alusil / E.A.T. chip / Power Discs w/Akebono Pro Ceramic / E39 type 33's

-Brandon G

Quote Originally Posted by infinity5
    So I got a little bored and took the chrome trip pieces of my grill (note sig pic below) and wraped them neatly in electrical tape to see what they might look like blacked out.

I'm not sure what to think of it, actaully. I kind of miss the chrome, it looks pretty plain now.

I'll get pictures up later, right now my roommate has them stashed on his computer, sorry

What do you guys think? Any of you with good shots of your grills blacked out?

If it wasn't for the dirt and the unfinsiehd edges, i'd say the car almost looked good with out the grill trim period... the holes were even larger and wider. It was neat.
    Personally I don't like the blacked out grill, except on some black BMW's.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

blackout = sexy.
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

See my pics in the virtual car show, for blacked out on green, mine came that way. I don't like it, too much black. I'm going to try body color next, if I don't like that I'll go back to chrome.
    Matt J.

'95 540/6- Jim C. chip, Bilsteins, B&B, For Sale!
    -Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

I did my grille along with the window trim and I think it looks far better. Also it depends on the colour of your car a lot too I think. Not a great pic but gives you some idea...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks guys. I think bimmerd00ds comment convinced me. If nothing else, I want him to think my car is sexy, yah know?

Quote Originally Posted by Rory535i
    I did my grille along with the window trim and I think it looks far better. Also it depends on the colour of your car a lot too I think. Not a great pic but gives you some idea...
    Rory- I'm not a fan of narrow grills at all but that black on black looks goddamn amazing, nice.
    -EDIT - Now that I take a second look, it might just be the fact that you've got a euro plate, which automatcally makes the front of these cars look 100% better. I hate my ugly black square I have now, even with the fill-in.

Any yeah, pictures of my white stallion will be up.. sometime... with the blacked out grill. I know tons of us have white cars, so I'm obligated to represent.

My car's actually dark green, it's just the light that makes it look black. thanks for the comment though. It'll be black soon though, respraying it. I used to have a euro plate when i lived in Ireland but now i got one of those stupid square aussie ones

Quote Originally Posted by uscharalph
    Personally I don't like the blacked out grill, except on some black BMW's.
    I'm actually the opposite. Hate 'em on black cars, think they look great on white and silver cars.
    Diffr'nt strokes...
    Sean H
    '02 325ci
    '84 318i GTR

sorry i dont agre,I think a black car w/narrow grill loks just right with chrome.....just how e34 atr supposed to look!
    Gone but not forgotten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast