GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shogun reset horror story

Default Shogun reset horror story

Ok, not really a horror story but i was frightened nonetheless. Those of you who read every thread and every post should know that i removed my instument cluster in an attempt to repair the sporadically functioning speedometer and stuck fuel sender. It did neither. In the process of removing the instrument cluster, the "shogun reset" procedure was unavoidably completed. This morning, when i drove my car to school, the dreaded CEL blinked about three times on the way out of my driveway. Once i got to the main road however, the CEL stayed off and has remained so throughout the course of the day. I did not notice any positive results from the reset procedure at all, in fact the overall result was negative seeing as how the cel alarmed me. Perhaps it requires more driving time to fully readjust, but so far, nothing...
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    Perhaps it requires more driving time to fully readjust, but so far, nothing...
    what were you expecting??
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

So you removed the cluster, and you have a light now...and you think it was shogun's procedure!?! After taking my friend's out, it's a marvel anything came back on when we reinstalled...and reinstalled

I'm not trying to bust balls. It could be anything. When you hear hoofbeats, don't think zebras. Did you stomp it yet? When you did the reset, the key was in the ignition on #2 right?

PS, this thread title is misleading, and kinda grandstands at Shogun's expense.
    Last edited by tim; 10-13-2005 at 04:57 PM.
    o/______\o
    (Oo=00=oO)
    []=****=[]

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkman540i
    what were you expecting??
    Ditto.

best, whit

now that the cel light works you can do a stomp test to see what codes its throwing...not a bad deal at all.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    Ok, not really a horror story but i was frightened nonetheless. Those of you who read every thread and every post should know that i removed my instument cluster in an attempt to repair the sporadically functioning speedometer and stuck fuel sender. It did neither. In the process of removing the instrument cluster, the "shogun reset" procedure was unavoidably completed. This morning, when i drove my car to school, the dreaded CEL blinked about three times on the way out of my driveway. Once i got to the main road however, the CEL stayed off and has remained so throughout the course of the day. I did not notice any positive results from the reset procedure at all, in fact the overall result was negative seeing as how the cel alarmed me. Perhaps it requires more driving time to fully readjust, but so far, nothing...
    It sounds more like you were freaked out by the now working light, than anything else.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Some clarification is needed. The check engine light has always worked. The check engine light has not come on again while the engine is running since this morning. I thought that it could possibly be because the engine was still in the early stages of "learning" new ignition or something, as it stopped before i got out of my driveway (if you had read my post).
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

can you try doing a stomp test to see what the most recent trigger was after the reset? You have to start somewhere.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I was worried reading the headline.
    The reset is basically nothing special. Every shop makes it, we make it sometimes without knowing it by disconnecting the battery for car winter storage or a repairs on the car.
    All that is a reset.
    If you do not notice any change, then there was nothing wrong on the engine management.
    Do not expect to have suddenly 300 HP more or things like that
    It also will not cure mechanical problems on the car.
    It is just like 'cleaning' your PC and make all the programs to original state.

How long did you disconnect the battery?
    How long did you drive after the reset?
    Is your battery voltage o.k.?
    Did you disconnect the battery correct, did you connect the battery the correct way? You know first comes... when disconnecting etc....

And what does the stomp test say?

Quote Originally Posted by tim

When you did the reset, the key was in the ignition on #2 right?

PS, this thread title is misleading, and kinda grandstands at Shogun's expense.

Was the key on?

maybe you need to drive it like you stole it, so it "learns" that type of driving and stores it.
    Is that how "adaptive" works???
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast