GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Help: Oil Leak Problem

Default Help: Oil Leak Problem

I have this oil leak which appears to come from the center to right side of the engine. I have recently changed the oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket and even the oil filter housing gasket that was suggested by Winfred and I still have a slight leak. I am planning to change the rear main engine seal next. Any other ideas or suggestions since I will have to drop the tranny? Any other seals to change?

Thanks,

-Ray
    '94 525ia

Default i had the exact same thing a while ago

and it turned out to be the oil stick. worth checkin anyhow. it has a rubber seal where it enters the oil pan. it only leaks while engine running and drips on the oil pan.

Default Similar Oil Leak on 92 525i

In my 1992 525i, I have engine oil leaking from the bottom of oil pan, right where the oil level sensor is. I tried to pin point the leank but could not find exact location. The I read on another forum on this site about Oil filter housing could leak because, so I checked there and found out that it leak from there when engine is running. I tried tightening the bold on the housing and it went about half thread. It stop leak from the housing. I still have reduced amount of leak from the bottom of pan, which seems to coming from some where up in engine. Just to give you guys more idea how it started, I always have minor engine oil leak (1qt. in about 3000 miles), but last weekend I replaced high pressure steering hose and after that I found out that engine oil leak has increased in a lot.

I have alreadt looked into dipskik ture and it doesn't seems to be coming from that place.

Does any one has any clue that while replacing PS Hose, what could have happan to increase this leak?

Thanks in advance.

Akhil