GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Flasher Signal Gremlins

Default Flasher Signal Gremlins

I was previously having a problem where after the hazards or a flasher was on for a while, it would slow down and finally become stopped. I lived with this for a while.

Last night, the left turn signal would either not work at all, or just intermittently.

Today, on the way to work, the left turn signal stays always on, and the right one signals very slow. The same behavior with the hazard switch on. When the car is off, the left singal is on very bright so I went ahead and pulled fuse 6 so as not to drain the battery.

I tried pulling the flasher relay, but there seems to be no human way to do so. Because it is sunken in and there are those retainers keeping it in place, I cannot for the life of my figure out how to pull this thing. The same goes for the relay on the opposite side of the Crash Control Module.

I would appreciate any help in finding the solution to this problem, since pulling the fuse every time will get old real fast!

i had the slow flashers on mine, if you left them on for anything over 10 seconds they would stop flashing, replacing the flasher relay cured this. Mine just pulled staight out though, unsure what is holding yours in place
    Iain

1993 BMW 525 TDS SE 150K 2.5 Turbo Diesel, performance air filter, lowered sports suspension 30mm, full stainless decat exhaust, boot-lid spoiler, OBC retrofit, E60 Trapezoid alloys

Quote Originally Posted by iainand
    i had the slow flashers on mine, if you left them on for anything over 10 seconds they would stop flashing, replacing the flasher relay cured this. Mine just pulled staight out though, unsure what is holding yours in place
    Maybe I wasn't pulling hard enough. It's in the shop now for some other things, so my mechanic will look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett619310
    Maybe I wasn't pulling hard enough. It's in the shop now for some other things, so my mechanic will look at it.
    It should get straightened out now, but it'll cost more.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA