GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: camber correction

Default camber correction

ok iv searched and searched. what are the ups and downs to camber correction kits/plates. I know bav auto makes one but i think thats a little over priced. im wondering who elts makes them and what do you guys think is the best situation. im gong to be lowering my car with h&r sport springs. so im planing ahead.

You don't need a camber kit to lower an E34. The only alignment that will (possibly) go out of spec is rear toe (and front toe, but that's easily adjustable).

At least, this is my personal experience with dropping my car 40mm. I've been up on a rack three times in the last year (heh - thank god they garaunteed their alignment) - each time I was withing spec all around - except the one time I had my gas tank completely full, where my rear toe was just outside of BMW's spec.

Quote Originally Posted by pyro
    ok iv searched and searched. what are the ups and downs to camber correction kits/plates. I know bav auto makes one but i think thats a little over priced. im wondering who elts makes them and what do you guys think is the best situation. im gong to be lowering my car with h&r sport springs. so im planing ahead.
    Kmac are adjustable (with castor adjustment also) which I think are the Bav auto ones and Ireland Engineering make the fixed camber plates for us$120, these are your most cost effective option. As for what this means, have a read here;

http://www.mrtrally.com.au/performance/howctc.htm
    Last edited by BigKriss; 10-10-2005 at 12:39 AM. Reason: spelling

No real need unless you will be driving the car HARD and want some neg camber for extra grip in the sweepers.
    1990 BMW 535i 5 speed - Black on Grey, LSD

i just want to lower it right. not cheap out. from what you guys say i don't really need them though. any other things i should upgrade/repplace before lowering?

Rear subframe delrin inserts are $20 from Bruno, worthwhile mod if you haven't done it from what I've heard.

Haven't gotten around to getting a 22mm socket to install mine though.

Check out your tie rods as well as thurst arms and control arms, depending on if the sway bar link arms have ever been replaced I would probably buy a new pair of those just the same. I lowered my car this past summer and had those sway bar link arms break on me right as I was finishing the project.

Other than that... wheels/tires?
    1990 BMW 535i 5 speed - Black on Grey, LSD

well after i lower my car my next upgrade is the rd sway bar kit and then rims and tires.