GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: ::.. 2000 RPM stutters...

Default ::.. 2000 RPM stutters...

Strange feeling now. Whenever the car is steady at the scenarios below, it stutters slightly as if you were nearing the stall point in a manual. Of course, it's not as strong a stutter... it's a fairly faint one but you notice it. The RPMs stay steady according to the dash gauge, but you feel it stutter under your foot

2000 RPM - 2nd - 40 KPH
    2000 RPM - 4th - 60 KPH (or was that 3rd...)

Anyway, it seems to only be at the 2000 RPM mark AND only when holding steady at that mark. If you give more gas or less, it 'goes away'. Maybe stutter isn't the best word. Let's try hesitations.

Haven't checked the other gears, but all I know is that it's not noticable in 1st... probably because of the gearing... can't feel it.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

I had the same problem with my 525i M50 engine. It turned out to be the spark plugs. I was told to only use the specified plugs per the maintenance manual and that did the trick. I spent $40 US on platinum 4's and it made the car hesitate around the same RP you mentioned. The Bosch Super did the same thing. Do you have the correct plugs in? You'd be surprised how much the plugs affect the knock sensors with electrical noise feedback.

These are fresh W8LCRs I changed under a week ago...... :|
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Default I notced the same on my 95 M50

Had the engine replaced with a used engine on my 95 525i automatic
    (cracked block). Everything seems to run well except the same "hesitation" at 2000 RPM. The mechanice put in new plags with the engine, so I'll have to check to see what brand was used.

Any other ideas on what would cause this problem. If I accelerate or shift to sport mode, it goes away.

Mike Feeney
    Michael Feeney
    91 and 95 525i