I was going to wait for a professional to install my chip(EAT) but after posting on this board [Can the avg. guy install a chip w/o any problem?], I got a vote of confidence from the response that I could certainly do it with in 45 min. And it took about 40 min. because I was nervous like hell not to fry the computer. I think I can install the chip now in 10 min, it is especially E-Z in the 535IM[10 min. might be too long, serious]. The chip I had in there[the previous owner] said "Dinan Engineering performance chip"- this is not a stock chip? I always read the response from people who have installed the EAT chip and said to myself that my car has similiar performance, no flat area throughout the RPM range, and it felt strong in all the gears. But everyone was just raving about this EAT chip so I said I just have to get a hold of one. If the previous chip was a performance chip then Mark's chip is much better in first and second gear if you change at max. rpm. The gas mileage is just a shade better and it seems like your car need some time to fully acclimate to the chip[ I will monitor the performance over the next week and a half]. Keep in mind I just put the chip in less than 24 hrs, so the jury is still out. Over all the E.A.T chip eats up the Dinan Engineer chip in all category.
Thanks Mark, and this is David the one whom you send the extra chip to- please get back to me so I know who you want me to mail it to.