GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: M5 Cat / Center box Flanges needed!!!!

Default M5 Cat / Center box Flanges needed!!!!

Hi once again, can anyone help me? I’m in the middle of replacing my exhaust and I’ve managed to salvage a Supersprint back box welded to an M5 centre.

obviously this doesn’t fit my down pipe so what I aim to do is replace my front box with a couple of straight tubes and weld some flanges on the end so they hook up with the M5 centre.

So I’m kinda hoping somebody (ideally in the UK) has an old M5 cat or centre box that’s scrap they wouldn’t mind giving me so I can cut the flanges off and get my car back on the road? I’m having withdrawal symptoms!!!

Alternatively any idea if anyone makes and sells the flanges separately to fit?

Cheers in advance,

Steve

P.s. should be back with an update on how I attached the M5 number plate surround and button cover soon.

Go to your local muffler shop and pick up the correct size of steel flanges. Split them and then weld them back together around your exhaust pipe. Vioila.....new flanges!

Jr

yer , but i need the pipes too!

soz probably wasent to clear on that one. nice try though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jr ///M5
    Go to your local muffler shop and pick up the correct size of steel flanges. Split them and then weld them back together around your exhaust pipe. Vioila.....new flanges!

Jr