GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone with an E34 Touring here?

Default Anyone with an E34 Touring here?

Hi guys!

Am a bit overwhelmed right now.

My auction (agent) friend from the UAE just confirmed today that I am a proud owner of a 95 540i Touring. I never expected to win it (from these on-line auctions in Japan) but apparently I did.

For the gentlemen who own both the Touring model and models with the M60, can you give me a heads-up on what's to expect? The fear of the unknown is so strong right now.

The car has 110,000km or about 70k miles.

It's likely to be loaded out of Yokohama in 2 weeks time, and then its a 29 day wait.

Would appreciate your lengthy inputs about this model.

Thank you for looking and sharing your thoughts.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Looking good here is mine

are you aware of the Nikasil issue in the V-8s? I suppose it wouldn't be a problem in japan, but where are you importing it to?

Quote Originally Posted by infinity5
    are you aware of the Nikasil issue in the V-8s? I suppose it wouldn't be a problem in japan, but where are you importing it to?
    This isn't a problem with the 535i - they have the big six M30. Info here.

That's remarkably low mileage for a 15 year-old car, good find!

Edit: oops, looked at his sig, not the car in his message. You're right!

Is the car from Japan? Their cars would be right hand drive but the photos you posted show a left hand drive car. In any case, it's a nice looking set of wheels.

I got one of the same colour but a 525i manual. No mtech front chin like in your picture , neither do I have 18 inch rims but m-parallel style37 replicas in 17 inch form.

For the V8, if this car has an auto tranny, thats the weakest point. So take a good look at it and start CHANGING ALL your fluids immediately before you take a long drive. UAE is a real hot place and climate in Yokohama is certainly very different. Actually change the microfilter as well and ALL filters in the car (fuel filter, air filter, oil filter).

Good luck.
    PS: Tranny repair are costly. I have seen two of these that frequent the workshops here and its almost always the tranny!.

You came to the right place to ask your questions. Welcome!
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Default First time I've ever seen a 95 540IT

I thought they didn't start importing them to the states until 97.

grave77 (Barrie) and his brother MPower are in Dubai. You could have a regional meet when you get your car
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Some info.
    Nikasil/Alusil was never a subject in Japan. But with that engine it does not matter.

110.000 km is normal for Japan for a 1995 car, even maybe on the high range. Standard average in Japan is 7.500 km.
    My 1988 750 has now 126.000 km, ny Highline from 1990 has 130K km, the other Highline from 1991 I bought has 180K km.

There are RHD and LHD cars available in Japan.
    There are certain special designs on Japanese cars.
    For example:
    your cat will have a special temperature sensor at the rear of the cat. That means it has a special cat design for Japan. But this temp sensor is not connected to the DME. If you have to replace the cat, just buy a normal one and do not connect this sensor. Works w/o problem. See on the 7 board here, where I once showed some pics on a 750.
    When you set the ignition in position 2, you will get some messages on the CCM, such as owners book, catalysator, a bong etc.
    Do not worry.
    That is just the test run if everything works.
    The LKM might be different from the ECE way. I just have disassembled one LKM-L J. J stands for Japan. It has one relay less than the ECE version, as the jap. cars do not have rear fog lights. Consequently your fog light switch only has one step instead of 2 steps in the ECE version.
    Some other pins are not connected inside the LKM-L-J compared to the LKM-L ECE version.
    The econometer - if that car has one- and the OBC will show xxx km per 1 liter of fuel, not the way as used in Europe: xx Liter per 100 km.

And a lot of other things, but minor and you will not recognize it if you do not know the differences in detail.
    Usually the cars in Japan are well serviced. So I assume no problem.

Just out of interest: how much did you pay for the car. Maybe I can check this evening if I can find a similar car here on the japanese auction house.
    Yokohama is a major town for export auctions and Kobe port.

Edit: forgot to tell you that the FM radio in Japan has a different frequency.
    It has Japanese FM frequenciesl. It stops at 89.9 on the FM dial.
    If you replace it, send it to me, I can use it here.
    Last edited by shogun; 10-06-2005 at 07:20 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast