GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brake upgrades for a E34.

Default Brake upgrades for a E34.

Ok, so Ive read everything on bmwe34.net and i have also gone over kindels web site on brake upgrades for the e34. I have a 95 540i and would like to do something just not sure what. It sounds like the hot setup would be to find calipers off a 95 euro spec M5. How possible would that be? I would amagine these are extremely hard to find used. I am sure someone has contemplated this same issue. I just love brakes and love the caliper on the M5...it looks awesome. Are these available used? Anyone have any idea where to look. What about ordering them from BWM? I am pretty much a newbie so someone please point me in the right direction.
    Drew

Quote Originally Posted by dbals
    Ok, so Ive read everything on bmwe34.net and i have also gone over kindels web site on brake upgrades for the e34. I have a 95 540i and would like to do something just not sure what. It sounds like the hot setup would be to find calipers off a 95 euro spec M5. How possible would that be? I would amagine these are extremely hard to find used. I am sure someone has contemplated this same issue. I just love brakes and love the caliper on the M5...it looks awesome. Are these available used? Anyone have any idea where to look. What about ordering them from BWM? I am pretty much a newbie so someone please point me in the right direction.
    Drew
    Check on Ebay.de They seem to go up on there fairly often. It depends on what you intend your car for. If you like OE stuff and having BMW parts, 850 brakes and Euro M5 brakes are a nice upgrade. I think eventually I will be doing a StopTech or Brembo big brake upgrade... eventually.

Drew
    The only problem with the M5 Euro upgrades, aside from used availability, are the rotor costs if you like to stick with OEM rotors. They're about $250 each for the front, and $175 or so each for the rear.

Owner - Willamette Valley Motor Sports, LLC

One easy upgrade is a set of ATE powerdiscs and EBC Redstuff brake pads all around.
    "Uncle" Phil C
    2011 Kia Optima EX-P.
    Former owner of a 95 525i 5spd. "The GQ" aka A Shark in sheeps clothing
    03 R1150RT 6spd. "DaRTth"
    00 R1100R 5spd. "LeRoy"

I'm just curious -- what about the stock brakes do you find unsatisfactory?

Yikes! 250 a rotor. Does anyone know of an aftermarket rotor that the euro spec M5 calipers will fit on?

Can you order the calipers from a dealer here in the usa????

If you want brake eye candy, then i suggest the 840 or 840 4 pot calipers.

If you want a braking upgrade but want to maintain budget, then I suggest the non-nurburgring M5 brakes. You can get a front set on the car for say $400 or so. Rotors are $60 or so, pads from the E36 work so you have lots of options.
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

Can you order the calipers from a dealer here in the usa????
    The euro M5/M5T/850CSi front calipers are over $600 each from a dealer. Probably closer to 700 or 750. No pads included.

Owner - Willamette Valley Motor Sports, LLC

If you are after Euro Calipers from an M5, then this Breakers yard in the UK FAB
    has 2 E34 M5's at the moment, one is Blue and pretty well picked over, but I think the wheels were untouched when I was there a month ago, and a red one that was brand new into the yard and hadn't been touched yet.

Another UK Breaker of repute is Quarry Motors

1993 525i SE Auto, with a few subtle modifications......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast