GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Talk about bad luck....

Default Talk about bad luck....

Here goes my wonderful day off.... 535i has been running pretty hot lately, almost to the red mark when idling for a while after the guage reads 12oclock, I turn on the heat full blast and watcht he guage go back on down. So today I got the day off so I figured, might as well check the thermostat... I got the 2 short bolts off the housing, Go for the longer ones and seems like they are a little tight both crank loose what it seems like.... ended up breaking 2 bolts off... I take the whole housing off from the head, drilling out the new bolts, had to drill out and make larger holes because the threads were completely shot, and got 2 3" bolts to run through and just put a nut on the end.... hopefully it works But to make a long story short, I added coolant and went too loosen the bleeder screw and it wont budge so i said screw it, fired the beast up and sounds like to me cylinder #1 isn't firing.. engines rough and I know a cylinder is not firing. Maybe there is a loose wire connection to the injector, I have searched the archives and didnt find a whole lot about it. I dont have time to work on it any more today beings its dark now and raining... Do you guys have any suggestions?? I won't have a chance to work on her until tomarrow afternoon but maybe you guys could point me in the right direction...
    I hope you guys dont have this kind of luck
    Thanks,
    Pat
    Last edited by Phatty5BMW; 10-05-2005 at 07:42 PM.

Eeeurgh. Sounds like one of my weekends.

Still for all your troubles don't let that bleeder screw get you down. Even if you have to get a new water neck it'll be peanuts in comparison to a warped head. Proably $5 from the wrecker. If No.1 is not firing- check spark first. Its a good time to inspect the rotor cap and button of course- are they ok? If so do you have spark on No. 1?

btw, the bleeder screw has a little nipple at the end to stem the coolant flow when backing it off. On mine it broke off, I guess yours might be the same. Its a bastard, but its not expensive and (generally) I think they tend to need replacing when they get old. Goodluck!

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Well the reason im guessing the injector is because i tried to remove the electrical clip on it to get the whole housing out. I think i may have no plugged it in all the way. As far as the cap/rotor, i got a rew rotor on there, was a little short of cash for the cap, but its soon to come. But its about that time to go out there and work on her again... Thanks for the luck, im gonna need it!! lol

Well I figured out my problem, it was the #1 Cylinder, the injector had gotten unplugged. Plugged the sucker back in and fired her up and runs like a charm, bled out some of the air..(not out of the "bleed screw" but it works ) and walla shes fixed. No more problems.... hopefully...