GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Keyless Entry Siren

Default Keyless Entry

Ok, just picked up a used BMW keyless entry system for my 92 525iT (prewired). The keyless entry module (control unit) also says prewired. It came with a wiring harness attached. I haven't raised the back seat to see how it goes in yet but my main question is where does the siren under the hood mount? I think I see the plug for the siren behind the passenger side headlight cover. Not sure whether the siren is just mounted via a sheetmetal screw to the inner fender or is there a proper location for it. Also, is there a LED for the dash? Is it also prewired?

Thanks.

Paul L
    Last edited by gtopaul; 10-05-2005 at 10:26 AM.

I believe the led should go into the center console. I don't have keyless but I believe the previous owner had one installed because I have an LED there. If you are seating in the back seat and look at the center cosnole, right near the air vent, you should see a place for an LED.

Default installed it today

I got the keyless entry module in this morning. The wiring harness plugged in over by the positive battery cable. I tested for 12 volts at the fuse in the harness and it was there. I removed chip from the remote and recoded it by inserting into the control module. Unfortunately, it seems the remote will only work locking the vehicle but will not unlock it. The wiring harness has another plug about midway and about the location of the trans tunnel under the seat. Is that supposed to plug in anywhere on my 92?

Paul L

Just found out it's a relay that plugs into that socket. Borrowed one from another car just to see what it does and it seems to make the system chirp when opening or closing.

If anyone has a spare please let me know.

Paul L

Don't you work at a dealer?! Just go and get one from a parts guy

best, whit

That was the first thing I tried (of course). The part number on the keyless module doesn't even show up anymore and the missing relay isn't sold separately. Looks like it's either a used one or hunt down another complete wireless system.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by gtopaul
    That was the first thing I tried (of course). The part number on the keyless module doesn't even show up anymore and the missing relay isn't sold separately. Looks like it's either a used one or hunt down another complete wireless system.

Paul
    Bummer

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA