GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: home made supercahrger?

Default home made supercahrger?

Good find dude, looks pretty neat... I think I prefer the Jap (copied) designs though... they are cheaper and may be more efficient/quieter... but are all second hand and are more painful to mount up than this. Nick

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

i think they just took a turbo intake impeller and slaped a belt to it to gear up the ratio...

Quote Originally Posted by pyro
    i think they just took a turbo intake impeller and slaped a belt to it to gear up the ratio...

Big Gear Small Gear trick... not ideal for oil flow tho...

Default My eyes hurt, how can he make such a deescription?

1.5 Liter To 3.5 Liter Import Owners: Build-it-yourself Centrifugal Supercharger. This Version Has All The Machining Completed, And Features Fully Cnc Machined Gear Cases. Please Read This Auction Carefully. This Is Not For A Completed Supercharger. It Is For The Necessary Parts To Build Your Own. Machining And Assembly Is Already Done. Here Is The Answer For Someone Who Likes To Make Your Own Stuff-- Build-it-yourself Centrifugal Supercharger. Uses High-tech Modern T-series Turbocharger Compressor Wheel And Modern Compressor Housings For Ultra-high Efficiency. Not Some Design From The 60's Or 70's. Auction Includes Cnc Machined Transmission Case Made From 6016-t6 Aircraft Aluminum, Drive Shaft, Compressor Shaft, 6-rib Drive Pulley, Internal Drive Pulleys, Internal Belt, Huge Compressor Wheel And Compressor Housing. All The Hard-to-find And Impossible To Get Parts. All You Need Is Some Hand Tools, A Drill With Some Bits, And You Can Build This In A Few Hours. These Parts Come Already Machined For You. You Must Drill The Compressor Wheel Shaft Hole Larger For The Included Shaft. That Is The Only Work Required For You. This Is Much Smaller Than The Typical Centrifugal Units Like Vortech, Powerdyne, Paxton, Etc. Most Import Cars Can Mount These Where The Larger Ones Simply Cant Fit. Includes In-depth Machining Guide And Blueprints. Your Friends Will Freak When You Tell Then You Built This Supercharger Yourself!!! Then You Can Go And Smoke Them Too. Some Housings And Wheels Will Be Slightly Different Than Shown In The Photos. The Housing In The Photo Has Been Glass Beaded,the Inside Polished, And The Outside Painted To Show What It Can Look Like. Yours Will Not Be Blasted, Polished, Or Painted. Why Spend Thousands On A Supercharger Kit When You Can Build This Supercharger For A Lot Less. In Photo: 7" Diameter Compressor Cover. 3" Inlet 2" Outlet Volute. 85mm Compressor Wheel. V8 Owners Can Build Two Matching Units And Run Twinchargers. We Retail This Unit For $1295 Comnpleted. This Is A Low Reserve Auction. Paypal Only. Dont Bid On My Auctions Unless You Will Pay For It. No Bidders With Poor Feedback Ratings. I Will Block Your Bids. Payment Must Be Received Within 48 Hrs Of Auctions End. If You Cant Meet These Requirements, Then Dont Bid On This Item. Look At My Feedback, And Bid With Confidence. Keyword: Supercharger, Blower, Turbo, Turbocharger, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Vw, Audi, Ford, Chevy, Olds, Pontiac, Dodge, Chrysler, Mitsubishi, Acura, Kia, Etc. ** With Pulley & Belt Run Up To 6-7 Psi Boost.

Pretty nice for a hairdryer, probably not something I would put in my car.
    1990 BMW 535i 5 speed - Black on Grey, LSD

Looks like some more snake-oil to me!

The housings and impellers in the pics, are obviously from turbos which normally run well over 150,000 RPM's

How big did you say you want the drive-pulley to be?????????????

Altering a precision ballanced component with basic hand-tools, with no subsequent re-ballancing and expecting it to work reliably--Recipe for disaster!

You will be picking bits of piston, impeller, head, out of your exhaust system for years to come!

Quote Originally Posted by High Compression II
    Looks like some more snake-oil to me!

The housings and impellers in the pics, are obviously from turbos which normally run well over 150,000 RPM's

How big did you say you want the drive-pulley to be?????????????

Altering a precision ballanced component with basic hand-tools, with no subsequent re-ballancing and expecting it to work reliably--Recipe for disaster!

You will be picking bits of piston, impeller, head, out of your exhaust system for years to come!
    It's actually legit believe it or not. My ASA blower is not that much different. Larger housing and a commercial transmission... and it's geared and not belted, but other than that, its pretty similar...

To increase revs, you want a smaller input pulley. My blower is capable of doing 120,000 rpm, and regularly sees 100,000 rpm.

That looks better than this option

4psi Supercharger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast