GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto-RX

Default Auto-RX

anyone use it?
    engine sludge cleaner and miracle leak stopper...

seems to be popular on boboil's website...

Bidoli's web site?

Quote Originally Posted by bahnstormer
    anyone use it?
    engine sludge cleaner and miracle leak stopper...

seems to be popular on boboil's website...
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

i think he means bitog- bob is the oil guy

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    Bidoli's web site?
    Yeah that is one awesome oil website . Bob the oil guru.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/

I read this disturbing article on flushing motors. Chris Longhurst has some good reading on his website. But not sure of his qualifications.

Here is his Oil Bible page.

http://www.chris-longhurst.com/carbi...oil_bible.html
    1991 525i M50 5 Sp.
    N.California

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Default I am using it as we speak

Only 580 miles into the process. Car runs excellent, strong with excellent gas mileage. For example on my commute this morning on two lane roads at 55-65 mph I got about 33 mpg via the obc. OK I know the weather has changed as it is cooler and damper and no AC most of the time which significantly helps mileage. Even so that is excellent.

Keep in mind that all drivetrain fluids in my car ar synthetic and recently tuned (new plugs) with the E.A.T. chip. So I do not attribute any mileage gain to the Auto-rx process.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

would anybody care to explain the process?

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Mmmmmm.... hearing about engine flushes makes me shudder. Your standard oils and oil change will take care of the crud in your box. Any further intensive cleaning runs the risk of disloging large particulate matter and clogging vital areas :|
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

You start with clean oil. But the auto rx in. Run it for 1500 miles. This is the "clean" phase. Change the oil. Run for some number of miles in the "rinse" phase.

It is supposed to be a slow solvent instead of a shock solvent like seafoam. Because it is a slow solvent you don't have the issue of chunks of carbon dislodging and damaging stuff.

We used it on the 525 to get rid of the stp hubby put in. I could hear a change in the valve noise after the first 20 miles. After a 1000 the car had better accleration and idled correctly again. The stp really trashed it and the auto rx brought it back.

Do a search on auto rx and you get their website. There is a website for engine use and a separate one for transmission use. It is about $25 before discount. If you order, read the website first. It gets you a code that gets you a discount at checkout.

Other discussions of this product have resulted in opinions that engines don't need cleaning. Think snake oil and waste of money. The 525 was artifically fouled and I can testify for its results in that situation. Don't know what it would do for a normal engine.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Default Well stated- You beat me to it.

I waited quite a while before I thought I would try it. The worst I have heard about Auto-rx was it it did not seem to do anything on specific engines.

Apparently is is a gentle organic cleaner that cleans over a fairly long period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    You start with clean oil. But the auto rx in. Run it for 1500 miles. This is the "clean" phase. Change the oil. Run for some number of miles in the "rinse" phase.

It is supposed to be a slow solvent instead of a shock solvent like seafoam. Because it is a slow solvent you don't have the issue of chunks of carbon dislodging and damaging stuff.

We used it on the 525 to get rid of the stp hubby put in. I could hear a change in the valve noise after the first 20 miles. After a 1000 the car had better accleration and idled correctly again. The stp really trashed it and the auto rx brought it back.

Do a search on auto rx and you get their website. There is a website for engine use and a separate one for transmission use. It is about $25 before discount. If you order, read the website first. It gets you a code that gets you a discount at checkout.

Other discussions of this product have resulted in opinions that engines don't need cleaning. Think snake oil and waste of money. The 525 was artifically fouled and I can testify for its results in that situation. Don't know what it would do for a normal engine.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Default regarding a post fromlast week

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle

Gayle,
    Who says you don't contribute?
    -ashley

'92 525iA / 179k miles / Born 3.92 / ABS / No ASC / stock / North Carolina

Paper Gaskets Suck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast