GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Gayle, what colors and paint condition of car in sales brochure

Default Gayle, what colors and paint condition of car in sales brochure

Gayle, loved your sales brochure. Great job! What were the colors and what paint condition? Some colors seem to hold up better than others.

You were dead right on the 5s vs AT. Price books discount the 5s but in reality the scarcity makes them more valuable than AT and the 3.73 diff on the '89/90 525 provides a bit better punch too.

Our '89at became our other car when I allocated $3.5k for a daily driver '02 and that w/e the '89 525 5s popped up for $3.2 and most all of the expensive stuff already done. Paid a little too much for the paint quality but it is a Helluva '02 for the same price as a daily d.

'02 resto still in plan but not high priority with the 525 5s in the stable.

It was white with blue interrior. The interrior was in fab shape. The back doors had not even separated.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=13270

It is sort of hard to describe the condition of the paint. In May it sucked. When we sold it, it was pretty good.

We live less than 2 blocks from the ocean and that car sat outside. It had a lot of pinhead sized rust spots which I got off with rubbing compound. I bought a porter cable (we still have 3 other cars so I figured I would get my money's worth out of it). Did the clay bar treatment and p21 paint restore and then klasse all in one. The paint looked pretty good after that.

It had a couple of dents except they were "outies". The hinge on the drivers door had broken and rammed the outer wall of door creating a little bubble in the metal about the size of a quarter. A baseball had slammed the hood and we had that fixed by a plate beater but it came back later in the form of an outward bubble. And it had a small crease on one of the front corners. (I am glad to be reminded why I won't let hubby drive my car). These imperfections didn't seem to matter though cause the shine was great.

Had the engine steam cleaned and had no problems as a result. The engine had been filthy from when the timing belt broke. Getting it cleaned really made a difference. After the steam cleaning, used something like a brake or carb cleaner to further clean the painted areas under the hood.

What we found is that people equate cleanliness with the quality of maintence.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler