GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: BMWise in Sydney

Default BMWise in Sydney

George seems to really know his onions and very helpful too - gave me heaps of advice prior to my buying my 525i (hadn't found this site then).
    Have used him once and was extremely thrilled with the work done !
    I have to travel over 100 km to get to him but it is worth it !
    Unit B2, 77-81
    Reserve Rd
    Artarmon 2064
    Tel : 02 9438-1669
    Facs : 02 9438-1679

"I'm not the village idiot.
    But when he retires I'm next on the list."

Hey man,

thanks for the heads up, what sort of work do these guys do, after market performance or just standard mechanic stuff??

Quote Originally Posted by NickM535
    Hey man,

thanks for the heads up, what sort of work do these guys do, after market performance or just standard mechanic stuff??
    Certainly they do standard mechanical stuff, but if you are interested in anything else give George a ring and ask him.

"I'm not the village idiot.
    But when he retires I'm next on the list."

Quote Originally Posted by NickM535
    Hey man,

I always thought Peak performance in Parramatta were good, till some ham fisted fellow there charged me $500 to do a half-hour valve adjustment and fill my tranny up with Dexron III, telling me it was Mobil 1 synthetic 'like they use in all their customers cars'.

I objected as without asking me they should have used the specified oil; Dexron II or III (perhaps $25 worth), whereas the bill for 5L of synthetic was some $250-$300.

[In actual fact at the time ZF and BMW both advised against any synthetic substitute. BMW has seen a lot of failiures and ZF had made a few warranty examinations before doing so. I guess this is actually because Mobil 1 ATF is an all-purpose specification replacement for more than Dexron, whereas others (now coming out) like Castrol synthetic ATF are not and may be used (but the big companies still stop short of reccommending them).]

I gave them plenty of chance to make an appropriate reparation but they never did- at one stage I sent them all the doco ZF and BMW provided on the issue (and proving my point beyond any doubt). Although I understand their mistake may have been genuine, I wouldn't reccommend the way they handled my querying of the bill, they never got back to me, expecting me perhaps (not) to take them to court.

They were right, I couldn't be bothered.

I don't understand this mentality. To me it's only money, to them it's reputation. I'll leave it to you to work out if they are worth it or not. I guess it depends on what you ask them to do. I'd exercise considerable 'caution' there..
    Last edited by genphreak; 09-27-2005 at 10:03 PM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Be-emms in Hornsby. Rob ONLY services BMW and knows the older cars. Honest as the day is long and looks after club members. Get your OZ cars there or get ripped off.
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia