GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Another productive weekend

Default Another productive weekend

Did a bunch of minor fixes this weekend.

Had a few dead bulbs in the gauge cluster, and finally got around to pulling it and changing out the bulbs.

When I got into it, I found the Seat Belt & Check Engine bulb missing….Hmmm, some sneaky mechanic finally fixed that Check Engine problem? I stuck and knew bulb in to see what would happen.

Yea! It lights up on start up, then goes out as it should. Whew… Now I know why the stomp test never worked.

Decided that that went so well, I tackle the headrest drive cable and the seat raise/lower cables.

Used a combination of both the heat and trim and the cut and re crimp methods

I’d heat the end cap to remove it, and then drove a metal dowel through the cap and tapped with a hammer to push back the crimped teeth.

Trim the cable sheath as needed, and slip the cap back on and re crimp the teeth into the cable sheath.

I decided to combine the two methods since, I liked not using heat(fire) as in the cut and re crimp method, but I could see that it could shorten the cable sheath too much. (Trimming off the whole length set into the cap) verses being able to measure and trim as with the heating method. So by combining the two I could avoid setting fire to the car and fix the seat problems.

Now my wife can drive the car without a pillow…I am six, one & she is five nothing

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bob
    Did a bunch of minor fixes this weekend.

Had a few dead bulbs in the gauge cluster, and finally got around to pulling it and changing out the bulbs.

When I got into it, I found the Seat Belt & Check Engine bulb missing….Hmmm, some sneaky mechanic finally fixed that Check Engine problem? I stuck and knew bulb in to see what would happen.

Yea! It lights up on start up, then goes out as it should. Whew… Now I know why the stomp test never worked.

Decided that that went so well, I tackle the headrest drive cable and the seat raise/lower cables.

Used a combination of both the heat and trim and the cut and re crimp methods

I’d heat the end cap to remove it, and then drove a metal dowel through the cap and tapped with a hammer to push back the crimped teeth.

Trim the cable sheath as needed, and slip the cap back on and re crimp the teeth into the cable sheath.

I decided to combine the two methods since, I liked not using heat(fire) as in the cut and re crimp method, but I could see that it could shorten the cable sheath too much. (Trimming off the whole length set into the cap) verses being able to measure and trim as with the heating method. So by combining the two I could avoid setting fire to the car and fix the seat problems.

Now my wife can drive the car without a pillow…I am six, one & she is five nothing
    Congrats

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA