GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to remove the wiper arms

Default Trying to remove the wiper arms

I have removed the nut holding the wiper arms on, I cannot take them off though. I read the bentlys manual, the procedure looks very easy. Do I just lift them out now?. I tried but it seems stuck. Here's the pic of where I am up to

smoke crack...take deep breath smoke more crack...take to dealer with big bottle of petrolium lubricant
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Yes, just lift them off now. have done that on my parts car last weekend. The bolt in the middle is a cone type and has very small groves. So it sticks together very much. Used a big screwdriver and juggled it. Did not use a cloth on the tip of the screwdriver as it did not matter for the parts car paint, but I would recommend to out something around the screwdriver tip, maybe some tape.
    Last edited by shogun; 09-25-2005 at 12:25 AM.

That's the variable pressure arm design. Erich already said it -- pull and pull some more. About a month ago, I stuck arms and blades on a 540, only to have to take them off again because I'd forgotten to check linkage location. I'd synched the driver's down tight, because I've had the nut go loose on me on occasion, and that's not fun. I went to remove the driver's arm and I spent a good 5 minutes working away on it before it actually came off. Can't use a breaker bar because there's no leverage point. Plus, the location of the windshield makes it an accident prone repair. Put some ass into it.

Oh, and lift the blade section up to perpendicular with the windshield so that you're not fighting against the spring load.

best, whit

like shogun said..get screwdriver or similar and tap it into the gap to spread the arm a little to loosen its grip on the spindle.
    When you put it back together the middle bolt should be only just seated,prolly need loctite it.The procedure is in bentley tho
    Gone but not forgotten

The procedure is in bentley tho
    And that he got from me

thankyou for your help gentleman. I evenutally took it off it took maybe 3 x 5 minute attempts. I used some wd-40 also. I'm cleaning the black plastic part and going to paint it black so it looks new again and clean underneath there of course.

how do those clips that hold the"black plastic part" come off?I need to have another go at my dsw to see if i can can stop it hitting the window trim...kerthump kathump kerthump,kathump..i use intermittent an awful lot......
    Gone but not forgotten

Hey Paul, they pry off and never go back- best to get some more from the stealer prior to starting the job.

Yo Kriss, when you get some, buy two sets will you? I need some too!

Oh and btw; u need to go deeper when cleaning and get in behind the overflow tank to get to the e34 forest (where all kinda things grow). Its not hard, just be careful with everything (hardest part is finding where Hannes hid all the fasteners on the firewall)

See Sean and Johan's page for the good oil... Nick

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Default Thanks Mate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by genphreak
    Hey Paul, they pry off and never go back- best to get some more from the stealer prior to starting the job.
    Thanks nick.....i hate pryin..... did you once post a heater valve repair how to?
    Gone but not forgotten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast