GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depo parts

Default Depo parts

Are depo bmw parts are worth buying? Did anybody use them before? Especially the anel eyes headlights?

plenty said about this.....search the forum

King Of NYC

Quote Originally Posted by t_marat
    Are depo bmw parts are worth buying? Did anybody use them before? Especially the anel eyes headlights?
    Stay with Hella.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

I have depo clears and fogs... the fogs need to be sealed before you put them on or theyll fill up with water, the tail light clears are simply garbage...the lights work intermittantly and break real easy when trying to replace the bulbs...which may or may not work.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I have Depo tails and clear corners. Like 632 said, the tails are pretty crappy. The weather seals pealed off when I put them on. The assembly plug assembly is also very cheap. Be careful when connnecting the power source!!! The front clears are alright, but the weather seal is much heavier and bulky. Looks alright, but isn't flush with fenders. They were both cheap and look quite good, but you get what you paid for.

Well I guess it's time you refresh your sig pic with the clears.

Quote Originally Posted by E34 530
    I have Depo tails and clear corners. Like 632 said, the tails are pretty crappy. The weather seals pealed off when I put them on. The assembly plug assembly is also very cheap. Be careful when connnecting the power source!!! The front clears are alright, but the weather seal is much heavier and bulky. Looks alright, but isn't flush with fenders. They were both cheap and look quite good, but you get what you paid for.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default No they aren't

Stay away from the eyes. A month ago I posted about this hairline crack on the 4-mth old depot eyes I ordered, put some glue and silicon to stabilize the crack, ordered some headlight protectors but before they came this has now spread all around the the edges. Another guy on this forum experienced the exact same thing. The rear clears seem ok, but the eyes are definitely a pass. Am seeing what I can do to replace the lens with those from an old headlight, but that's an iffy proposition at best. Hellas are more expensive, but they are definitely higher quality judging from the gear I've gotten from them. Cheers!

Reubin this is a definitive answer that I am grateful that you posted. The anal eyes are a no go and the rest is quite questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben Lim
    Stay away from the eyes. A month ago I posted about this hairline crack on the 4-mth old depot eyes I ordered, put some glue and silicon to stabilize the crack, ordered some headlight protectors but before they came this has now spread all around the the edges. Another guy on this forum experienced the exact same thing. The rear clears seem ok, but the eyes are definitely a pass. Am seeing what I can do to replace the lens with those from an old headlight, but that's an iffy proposition at best. Hellas are more expensive, but they are definitely higher quality judging from the gear I've gotten from them. Cheers!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Depo euro projectors = crap. Ask me how I know. haha. I'm just hoping some preventive measure keep em good. Silcone sealant in all the places I could get to, and some lamin-x.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Default Too bad as they looked great, light output good too

Yup Jeff, that pretty much sums up Depo's anal eyes. The rear clears I got from them also needed soldering work on the connectors before they worked reliably.Too bad on the eyes, because they look great (before the cracks) and the h1s throw a pretty decent beam...You gets what u pay for, amen to that! It's a shame that these guys don't come up with better quality stuff. Wouldn't have cost that much more to produce reliable gear, I think. Some people are too greedy, or don't take enough pride in their work...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast