GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Gotta let her go.....for sale ...!!!

Default Gotta let her go.....for sale ...!!!

Hey gang,

You remember me....I am the gal with the 525 that I posted last year. Well, with two small kids, I need more space...so I have put the 525 on Ebay. She is a great little car and the only reason I have to sell is I need an SUV .......everything is documented on this car, miles true, runs nice and I should keep her, but I my life is hectic with moving and she deserves better.

If anyone has any advice or wants to buy her.....read the listing #4577585413. She has no rust, interior is good, non-smoker.....tires good.....moves along great.....just sits in the driveway lonely and all.....

I think she is priced right on.....so just take her home......
    Thanks,

SUV!!??

Shirley, Pick up a Touring!!

Ramon
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

Quote Originally Posted by Saleswman525
    Hey gang,

You remember me....I am the gal with the 525 that I posted last year. Well, with two small kids, I need more space...so I have put the 525 on Ebay. She is a great little car and the only reason I have to sell is I need an SUV .......everything is documented on this car, miles true, runs nice and I should keep her, but I my life is hectic with moving and she deserves better.

If anyone has any advice or wants to buy her.....read the listing #4577585413. She has no rust, interior is good, non-smoker.....tires good.....moves along great.....just sits in the driveway lonely and all.....

I think she is priced right on.....so just take her home......
    Thanks,
    Here's a link to her eBay posting: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4577585413

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by MBXB
    SUV!!??

Shirley, Pick up a Touring!!

Ramon

Ramon,

You are so darn funny........sorry I keep missing you.

Shirley

Pardon my incredulity, but...

If the interior is in great condition, why is the driver's door panel insert peeling?

Also, if the maintenance log is accurate, the struts are almost 3 years old and the car hasn't had any kind of service in over a year. Both of the aforementioned facts question the legitimacy of a few of the statements listed in the description.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but I know a thing or two about selling. One cardinal rule in nurturing the win/win scenario is that perfect information (or perception) exists. By not disclosing everything, I think any buyer will be disappointed with what they find upon taking delivery of the car.

Two weeks ago, I wasted a Saturday and a tankful of gas on a seller who neglected to mention critical problems with a vehicle he listed on eBay. Albeit disappointed with the obvious mechanical problem and the seller's immorality, I offered to pay even more money to have the vehicle transported with the agreement that the seller would cover 50% of the cost. He declined to do so and I drove away disappointed. Subsequently, he relisted the vehicle on eBay with a somewhat more accurate description, and it sold for a fraction of what I was prepared to spend on it. He lost the opportunity to make at least $500 by not taking me up on my generous offer. Moral of the story: be frank, you'll make more money in the long run.

best, whit
    Last edited by Kalevera; 09-25-2005 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    Pardon my incredulity, but...

If the interior is in great condition, why is the driver's door panel insert peeling?

Also, if the maintenance log is accurate, the struts are almost 3 years old and the car hasn't had any kind of service in over a year. Both of the aforementioned facts question the legitimacy of a few of the statements listed in the description.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but I know a thing or two about selling. One cardinal rule in nurturing the win/win scenario is that perfect information (or perception) exists. By not disclosing everything, I think any buyer will be disappointed with what they find upon taking delivery of the car.

Two weeks ago, I wasted a Saturday and a tankful of gas on a seller who neglected to mention critical problems with a vehicle he listed on eBay. Albeit disappointed with the obvious mechanical problem and the seller's immorality, I offered to pay even more money to have the vehicle transported with the agreement that the seller would cover 50% of the cost. He declined to do so and I drove away disappointed. Subsequently, he relisted the vehicle on eBay with a somewhat more accurate description, and it sold for a fraction of what I was prepared to spend on it. He lost the opportunity to make at least $500 by not taking me up on my generous offer. Moral of the story: be frank, you'll make more money in the long run.

best, whit
    Indeed Whit: eBay is a real perception builder and destroyer. They make sellers think they'll get a good price (who often don't) and make buyers think the same (they often don't either). It goes with the territory so negotiations are hard unless people are relaistic in the first place. Its a problem mainly as there are so many tyre kickers online. And eBay attracts shonks to 'the buying frenzy' like blood attracts sharks in water.

One can never expect to be impressed- rather the contrary. When you aren't, take stock- what goes around comes around as you'll prevail another day.

Nick
    Last edited by genphreak; 09-25-2005 at 07:43 PM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!