GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A failing brake system of the mouth does NOT a Major Contributor make

Default A failing brake system of the mouth does NOT a Major Contributor make

I have backed off on my posting recently because I didn’t want to hit 500—Major Contributor because I know I am not. “Big time poster” yes (5.64 posts per day)—“major contributor” no. I having been praying for another server crash that would wipe out some of my posts, but it didn’t happen. I thought of deleting some of my prior posts, but was afraid those deletes would count as posts.

But I have made peace with myself. I understand that I am the fluff on this forum. Even when I try to make meaningful contributions, I do stuff like post links to explanations that don’t match the engine. (Bill R remember the dipstick-no dipstick issue). Thank you to everyone who has saved innocents from my misinformation. Now I mostly limit myself to clueless questions and social commentary.

And even though I did not mean to be, I realized I am the poster child for Blitzkrieg Bob’s tips on how to get to 500 or 1000. I am guilty of all of the following and more.:

Post a reply to anything. Even if you have nothing to add!

Pick fights --they can go on forever (only did that once and it was short)

Rush to be the first to reply! --gives you a chance to respond again (What can I say, I feel sorry for the newbies when they get ignored. I figure a nothing reply is better than no reply).

Use phases to fill meaningless posts...like:

Cool great Info.
    LOL that's so funny
    WTF
    Lmao
    How many do you have?
    Anyone else out there have one like this? (My variation is “Do I have one like this?”)
    You can get those on Ebay (and get it cheap with bidnip)
    Insert jokes
    Repeat posts with the opening "Do you mean?"
    Repeat posts with sexual innuendos inserted
    Once again. Very nice writeup!
    Nice Pics
    You're the best
    Have you tried?
    You're my hero (Drew is my hero with his 12 sets of wheels and I am not ashamed to say so)

Some of the other meaningless posting I have done which Bob can add to his list

Use threads like private messages
    Start a thread and respond to every post
    Repeat posts with comment “I agree with _…..”____
    Post irrelevant stuff to the OT area
    Post to the testing area
    The one I learned from Whit –“I was just messin with ya”
    Show us a pic.
    Prior maintenance is a big deal (This works in almost any thread)
    Hmmm
    I have high heels that would probably support better than those. (I challenge anyone else to use this one.)
    And my honest to God 499th post (“I know this wasn't directed at me, but…. Ralph.... (Rolling my eyes) Oh pleeeze)

Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys. I really enjoy it. And thanks for all the wonderful education I get about my car here. I really appreciate it.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Gayle, contrary to what's implicated by the content of this thread, that being an unhealthy dose of self-depreciation, I think it's one of the most important items added to the forum in months...

Seriously people -- If you have nothing of import to write, please don't write it. It limits accessibility to actual content, which is the entire reason why I joined .info. I know I'm as guilty as the rest when it comes to superfluous posts, but I like to think that my ******** to actual content ratio is less than 1:5.

My other pet peeve is terrible spelling.

best, whit

1:8ish
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    Gayle, contrary to what's implicated by the content of this thread, that being an unhealthy dose of self-depreciation, I think it's one of the most important items added to the forum in months...

Seriously people -- If you have nothing of import to write, please don't write it. It limits accessibility to actual content, which is the entire reason why I joined .info. I know I'm as guilty as the rest when it comes to superfluous posts, but I like to think that my ******** to actual content ratio is less than 1:5.

My other pet peeve is terrible spelling.

best, whit
    Whuts thu diferince beetween a duck?
    Wun of its leggs is bowth thu same!

1990 E34 535iA, 215,000kms (130,000 miles).
    Dual Climate, Rear Headrests, Rollerblind, M-Tech Wheel,
    Memory Seats, EAT Chip, T-Stars.

a stub on the toe is better than a poke in the eye.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

amongst the technical side of this forum its still important we have the informal and non specific banter which is why we are here half the time. Theres nothing better than to get on here and have something hilarious going on, not to staturate the site maybe with useless shite but just a gentle ebb and flow of tech stuff and humour.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyb
    amongst the technical side of this forum its still important we have the informal and non specific banter which is why we are here half the time. Theres nothing better than to get on here and have something hilarious going on, not to staturate the site maybe with useless shite but just a gentle ebb and flow of tech stuff and humour.
    Couldn't agree more.

Anyway, men like tech stuff, but banter is also a very important ingridient in a bonding process. Every group functions better when it consists of friends and not only co-workers.

P.S. Gayle, being a woman, can also be a part of it I say "men" because 99% of the forum population and bimmer fanatics are men, not being sexist
    BMW E34 528i, M52B28 + M50 manifold, Remus exhaust, ///M Parallel Spoke 18" rims

EXACTLY matty,somehow or other i reckon that mix on this board is ussually just right.The main reason for that in my opinion is the main forum is just that......And Gayle you have been(are) a breath of fresh air....
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    And Gayle you have been(are) a breath of fresh air....
    Well said Paul.
    Gayle, you are much appreciated for what is often a different and interesting slant on issues. ( I almost said female but that wouldn't be right as I suspect the way you see the world is more to do with your experiences and qualifications than your sex.)
    Don't stop now Gayle - Grand Masterhood (Mistresshood) beckons.

"I'm not the village idiot.
    But when he retires I'm next on the list."

Default Who is Gayle?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuk in Oz
    Well said Paul. .
    Gayle, you are much appreciated for what is often a different and interesting slant on issues. ( I almost said female but that wouldn't be right as I suspect the way you see the world is more to do with your experiences and qualifications than your sex.)
    Don't stop now Gayle - Grand Masterhood (Mistresshood) beckons.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast