GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: as my question was moved to archives......

Default as my question was moved to archives......

and nobody can answer. I post the question here as link again.
    Pls answer here if you can.
    That is rediculous to move a posting within 1-2 hours into the archives where no one can reply
    http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=14356

No idea on the source; I usually fish them out of the door, because they don't fall that far with the insulation sheet sitting there. Same goes on the 7. We have a bunch of flexible magnets on sticks that make retrieval an easy task. Sorta like the day I dropped a box of sockets into one of the rear fender crevices on an E30 Cabrio.

Oh, and let me know how that goes with the LED replacement. My second sunroof switch light just died. Looks straightforward, I'm just too busy to fix it right now.

best, whit

I dont think those are available as seperate items and are part if the entire switch, unless someone has some old switches to take apart. They have to be somewhere!

clips f. rear door window switches, where to get?
    Removed to of the rear door window switches as the lights are not working in order to install LED's.
    "As expected" the metal clips holding them in place dropped into the inner door panel and disappeared to nowhere.
    I already have 2 other also with no light, and also these have only one clip left over.
    Have tried to find such a clip, but in vain. Anybody knows a source or has an idea?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Whit, the led replacements work just

fine, we did them here 3 or 4 years ago on roadfly... I did some that used a resistor in line to keep from damaging the led and some of the led's that you buy now have a resistor built in and are suitable for 12 volts. You just go to an electronics shop and they have a display with usually hundreds of leds that you can push a button to light up to get an idea of what color you want and how bright you want... Here's one i did a few years back with a resistor soldered in.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    No idea on the source; I usually fish them out of the door, because they don't fall that far with the insulation sheet sitting there. Same goes on the 7. We have a bunch of flexible magnets on sticks that make retrieval an easy task. Sorta like the day I dropped a box of sockets into one of the rear fender crevices on an E30 Cabrio.

Oh, and let me know how that goes with the LED replacement. My second sunroof switch light just died. Looks straightforward, I'm just too busy to fix it right now.

best, whit

The S-E-M switch I want to modify as following as per the E34 japanese repair page. Maybe you use altavista.babelfish for translation, but here you can see the difference. Original switch has one bulb. The new one has 3 LED. They drilled 2 holes into the white plastic cover under M and S. Have a look at the pics here
    http://dd.jpn.org/BMW_HP/20050331/index.shtml
    Here is a very detailed info from Jon Evans for the switches with pics
    http://evansweb.info/articles/2003/0...ulbs-with-leds