GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good luck fellow E34ers in the path of Rita!

Default Good luck fellow E34ers in the path of Rita!

Take shelter, get outta town, or seek some high ground! Be safe, and keep your cars safe if possible! I've got a queen size air mattress in my 1bed apt in Dallas if anyone needs a place to stay for a few days.

If anyone has any room to spare in a safer area, please open up for anyone who needs some help!

Good luck!!!!
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

Thanks for the good vibes, d00d. Trouble is, the roads out of town almost look worse than the storm - stories of dead stop gridlock for 50 some miles, and lots of cars dead in the road out of gas. Crazy all over.

Quote Originally Posted by mikell
    Thanks for the good vibes, d00d. Trouble is, the roads out of town almost look worse than the storm - stories of dead stop gridlock for 50 some miles, and lots of cars dead in the road out of gas. Crazy all over.
    Better off heading west or south out of houston, and then making it west of austin and taking the very long way up through Kerrville, Lampasas, to Hico, and into Ft. Worth. Anywhere east of I35 will be a trainwreck until it passes. San Antonio is the best bet to head north i think at this point.
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

the bastards are at it with jacking up the gas prices allready, monday i saw 2.539 for 93* (the pre last hurricane price) and 2.499 for diesel at what's usually one of the cheepest places in town, today i was going to tank up the e30 on the way home from work, i get there and it's 2.679 and 2.599, **** that i can pay that in port allen by the house and not fight the traffic turning around (the city closed allmost all of the turn arounds and took down about every other light to help move our hideous traffic on the main drag through baton rouge) i wound up getting 93* for 2.629 a mile from home
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

one would think that after the last episode fuel would sponsored by the government in an attempt to get everybody out this time with no ********

Winfred, you staying high n dry??
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

yea it's ok, power went off last night about 8 and came back on 10:45 this morning that sorta sucked, a suprising amount of stores were open when i got board around 12 and took a drive in the dually and found my favorite gun store open

Quote Originally Posted by MBXB
    Winfred, you staying high n dry??
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

I made it through pretty much unscathed. Had a few limbs down and lots of stuff to clean up, but no real damage.

My wife went up to her Mom's north of here with our son, she probably won't be back until Monday at the earliest.

There is still no gas, and no food down here. Grocery stores are set to open tomorrow but judging by how everyone pilferred them before they left I doubt there is much in there.

Dodged a bullet on this one. I'm storing the plywood so I can get it back out quick for the next time

1988 M3 - Track rat
    1989 325iC
    1995 530iM
    2000 323iT - UUC BBK, PSS9 Coilovers
    2005 GMC HD Crew

Default post topic

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    the bastards are at it with jacking up the gas prices allready, monday i saw 2.539 for 93* (the pre last hurricane price) and 2.499 for diesel at what's usually one of the cheepest places in town, today i was going to tank up the e30 on the way home from work, i get there and it's 2.679 and 2.599, **** that i can pay that in port allen by the house and not fight the traffic turning around (the city closed allmost all of the turn arounds and took down about every other light to help move our hideous traffic on the main drag through baton rouge) i wound up getting 93* for 2.629 a mile from home
    Glad to hear on our news that you did'nt suffer as badly as the folks in New Orleans. Over here in the UK, I dread to think of what would happen if such a disaster were ever to head our way. We are currently paying 3 times what you pay for a gallon of fuel. To fill up my E34 520SE in £ss converted to US dollars would cost about $130. I think you guys would march to Washington DC, in protest, if you had to pay our prices.
    Good luck to all you Texans and by the way, I enjoy watching on reality tv your bronc and bull riding competitions. It's a little bit on the rough side compared to English cricket but enjoyable stuff nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by tony2beemers
    Good luck to all you Texans and by the way, I enjoy watching on reality tv your bronc and bull riding competitions. It's a little bit on the rough side compared to English cricket but enjoyable stuff nonetheless.
    I rode a bull once. Probably the second dumbest thing I've ever done. Right behind dating that redhead in college

1988 M3 - Track rat
    1989 325iC
    1995 530iM
    2000 323iT - UUC BBK, PSS9 Coilovers
    2005 GMC HD Crew

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast