GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I change fog lamp bulbs on 95 e34?

Default How do I change fog lamp bulbs on 95 e34?

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get access to the fog lamp bulbs on my 95 e34. Bentley stated some sort of tab on the front grill beside the fog lamps. That I cannot find. I do not see access from under the car. As usual, I am sure I am missing something.

Thanks in advance.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

next to each fog light, there's a panel you can pull out. just pull hard. next, the fog light is held in by one or two screws (can't remember). now you're able to take the housing out. in the back, there's a twist off cap. remove cap, change bulbs, and redo everything in reverse order.

I used to remove the whole assembly, until I figured out you can just reach under the bumper and twist the bulb while the fog assy is still attatched. Neato!

not sure they all work that way.
    Last edited by Russell; 03-02-2004 at 08:16 AM.

thanks-will give it a shot!

kbchia Guest

Default fog light lamp replacement

Just did that. Below the bumper is a rectangular panel with a hole in it. Push panel to one side and pull from top. It should hang on a plastic string. Unscrew a philips screw you will see. Swing the fog light out completely. Disconnect the terminal and take out the whole housing. Twist to remove bulb housing and change bulb. Aseemble in reverse order. Don't forget to wash away the grime. The whole fog light can be open apart to clean the lens and reflector. Great design. Not bright though.

chia

Default fog/driving lamp replacement

I had a terrible time removing the assembly to replace the lens. I am certain I did not do it correctly. Mine did not just "swing out." While there is a universal ball joint at one end, there are too many things in the way for it to swing out. What am I missing?
    Regards,
    Dan Z
    Annapolis, MD

Quote Originally Posted by kbchia
    Just did that. Below the bumper is a rectangular panel with a hole in it. Push panel to one side and pull from top. It should hang on a plastic string. Unscrew a philips screw you will see. Swing the fog light out completely. Disconnect the terminal and take out the whole housing. Twist to remove bulb housing and change bulb. Aseemble in reverse order. Don't forget to wash away the grime. The whole fog light can be open apart to clean the lens and reflector. Great design. Not bright though.

chia

Default Just get under the car - Its the easiest way.....

Russ - Just slide under the car, disconnect the plug (at the back of the fog light), turn the plastic cover and pull it back, squeeze the metal clip that fastens the bulb and pull out the bulb. A complete job takes me 5 minutes. Replacing the bulb from the e34 manual instructions takes too long and can be a pain.

Brian

Don't get your finger prints on the new bulbs. It creates hot spots and a much faster bulb failure.

freezin ass cold WI formerly freezin ass cold MN

anyody know the bulb number for the fog light. I want to stop on my way home from work and pick one up. thanks
    95 540 six speed, Rondell 58 wheels, nothin else special
    79 911 SC - pea soup green

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast