GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you let them do this?

Default Would you let them do this?

As you know my car is being used in a soapie. At first it was wanted for 1 day, today was the 3rd and next they want to use it in a chase scene using a professional driver etc, it has been explained that they need to smoke up the tyres and fish tail down the road an more later.

Just interested as to whether you'd let them do it to your cars?
    E30 318iS & BMW K1200LT

Are you kidding! No way unless I get a new BMW when their done.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Depends how much they are paying!! Maybe you can get some new tires out of the deal as well.
    Mike S.
    1992 535iM black/black
    1997 540iM white/gray
    Retired: 89 535iA, 85 318i

<<Support your local autobahn, stay out of the left lane!>>

Quote Originally Posted by GJPinAU
    As you know my car is being used in a soapie. At first it was wanted for 1 day, today was the 3rd and next they want to use it in a chase scene using a professional driver etc, it has been explained that they need to smoke up the tyres and fish tail down the road an more later.

Just interested as to whether you'd let them do it to your cars?

I am not sure if you have a 6 speed or an auto, but i would be reluctant to let someone "smoke up the tyres and fish tail down the road" in my auto UNLESS they were paying for all repairs in full (including a 6 speed tranny swap!)
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

I'd do it if I got to do the chase scene.

Default someone's insurance should cover it...

...yours or theirs, pro driver or not... then again, is your car worth more to you than the insured value..? ( mine is ). sounds cool though, unique opportunity... hope you're getting paid... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RobPatt
    ...yours or theirs, pro driver or not... then again, is your car worth more to you than the insured value..? ( mine is ). sounds cool though, unique opportunity... hope you're getting paid... :-)
    I get AU$300 a day (well for the couple of hours its needed for) so the car is earning more than me at the moment. I believe thay would replace anything that was broken during the shoot as the guy who is hiring the car noticed a parking lot ding and was upset that it might have happened today.
    He also said that if I'm not happy with anything they are doing that I can tell them not to do it (whether they listen is another thing).
    E30 318iS & BMW K1200LT

No I wouldn't. I don't want anyone driving my car. Have you seen that Maxima commercial where the guy touches the girl's car and gets the flash fantasy of doing the race number in it. Then she pushes his arm off the car and says "not on a first date". That is the way I am with my car except it is always a first date.

I will barely let my husband drive my car and that is when we are together and I just can't keep my eyes open any longer. It has to be to the point that the choice is between having a wreck or letting him drive and it is still not an easy choice. Then I will let him drive, but I have to bite my tongue to not complain about his shifting technique. And even though I will let him drive it when I am pushed to the wall, under no circumstances is he authorized to parallel park my car with its OEM M parallels.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

I would love to see you car doing that. And what can they possibly hurt in one little chase scene. Some people drive their e34's at tracks all the time, and 10 mins will cause less wear than a track session. If given the chance, i might well do it. I would worry about them breaking my transmission while doing a brake stand or some other such stunt, but as long as they didnt harm anything i would be very tempted. Just think, years later you can show your grandkids the video and tell them about your favorite car.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

i would let them do it to my car, especially if getting paid and they are responsible for all the damage/wear&tear. my car is not in first rate shape to begin with (but i still love it). and yeah, there is definitely some bragging rights gained if it is used. pretty cool to me.
    92 525iA

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast