GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OT : What is wrong with this stealer ?

Default OT : What is wrong with this stealer ?

My mother's Toyota Hilux 4x4 went in for its 20,000 km service yesterday. Almost 3 years old - V6 auto farm ute - paddock driving in lots of dust. It doesn't rain much here - coming up to 5 years of drought.
    They changed oil (Mobil 1 supplied by me - anal - who me ?) and oil filter and brake fluid. (We do not use fully synthetic engine oils, sir.)
    I almost had to beg them to change the coolant. No, this wasn't a freebie, we were willing to pay for it ! They couldn't understand why I would want it changed !
    Change air filter ? - they wouldn't be in it - I had to go to the parts counter from another dealer and buy one ! The old one had been cleaned with compressed air but was in need of being changed.
    Can you believe it ?
    What happened to the customer is always right ? Especially when he or she WANTS to pay for it ?
    Who in their right mind would trust a dealers stamp in a service log book ?

"I'm not the village idiot.
    But when he retires I'm next on the list."

"What is wrong with this stealer ?"

You have seen the video in OT right? The hilux is literally unbreakable, they want to prove it to you.

Disgruntled workers are everywere......like me

But hey man that suck's don't go back! save ya ma some money do it your self next time, she will love ya for it.........The car not your ma

or maybe you have to have it "professional serviced" for the warranty.
    89 535 272,000km auto Euro

same here bought a car and had them call me to get the a/c installed...while it was there i asked them to change the oil and filter...it had done a few thousand km...the guy didnt want to change it ,,,I said it CANT hurt can it ,it is a new car just broken in,i virtually had to beg........I said i dont expect you to do it for free i still had to insist
    Gone but not forgotten

My wife drives a Subaru Liberty with a full dealer service record. I changed the plugs recently to discover the plugs almost seized to the head and the spark plug gaps about 2 to 3 mills out from the factory guidelines!!! Dealer to 1st day apprentice, "Do you know about changing plugs?" 1st day apprentice, "No worries boss I can do it..." Stamp in the book means nothing.

A VERY paranoid Wingman

Yeah, those Hiluxes used to be promoted by the resident NZ "tough guy" Barry Crumb. Old Barry was famous before the Croc Dundee days.
    These trucks grazed the farm as much as cattle in NZ. So the farmer customer must have made the dealer that way. (No worries mate, a few air compressor blows and she's good as new!) Probably last another 6 years!.
    (Change the plug in 3 years ? My mate next door drive that truck for 6 years before it needed chaging!.... farmer's attitute, if you get the drift... no offense intended folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuk in Oz
    My mother's Toyota Hilux 4x4 went in for its 20,000 km service yesterday. Almost 3 years old - V6 auto farm ute - paddock driving in lots of dust. It doesn't rain much here - coming up to 5 years of drought.
    They changed oil (Mobil 1 supplied by me - anal - who me ?) and oil filter and brake fluid. (We do not use fully synthetic engine oils, sir.)
    I almost had to beg them to change the coolant. No, this wasn't a freebie, we were willing to pay for it ! They couldn't understand why I would want it changed !
    Change air filter ? - they wouldn't be in it - I had to go to the parts counter from another dealer and buy one ! The old one had been cleaned with compressed air but was in need of being changed.
    Can you believe it ?
    What happened to the customer is always right ? Especially when he or she WANTS to pay for it ?
    Who in their right mind would trust a dealers stamp in a service log book ?
    DIY, It'll be done right!

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA