Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMW E34 Front Control Arm Suspension Package M5 Upgrade

Default BMW E34 Front Control Arm Suspension Package M5 Upgrade

Has anyone used these on your cars?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...00651962QQrdZ1
    4 Control Arms 2 Tie Rods 2 Sway Bar Links 1 Idler Arm
    Ted K
    90 535 5-speed

No, but I just bought a set of thrust arms with 750 bushings and a bunch of suspension stuff for my e30 from that guy today.

1988 M3 - Track rat
    1989 325iC
    1995 530iM
    2000 323iT - UUC BBK, PSS9 Coilovers
    2005 GMC HD Crew

Do a seach on FCP Groton.

Some like them; I, personally, think they sell junk.

The topic of Groton gets brought up every few months....thud thud thud, as Bill would say

best, whit

Quote Originally Posted by Ted K
    Has anyone used these on your cars?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...00651962QQrdZ1
    4 Control Arms 2 Tie Rods 2 Sway Bar Links 1 Idler Arm
    I know we've talked about Hamburg-Technic parts before and I think the majority would pay more for Lemforder parts. Search Hamburg-Techinic to read aboutit.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Lemforder arms, Grunt bushings...

enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by uscharalph
    I know we've talked about Hamburg-Technic parts before and I think the majority would pay more for Lemforder parts. Search Hamburg-Techinic to read aboutit.
    Actually that eBay seller also sells som Meyle parts. Ican't remember what the consensis was on them.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

I am so tired of the name bashing in this place.......whether it's tires, suspension, exhausts, or air and oil filters, EVERYBODY has an opinion, and they are certainly entitled to it. However, these opinions can sway a member into a purchase that they may have never made otherwise. As for the guys @ Groton, I have personally used their stuff, and BELIEVE IT OR NOT, some of the Hamburg products have actually had the Lemforder "Owl" casted into the part. Since Hamburg Technic is a company that manufactures NOTHING, but instead buys overstocked inventory from the larger part manufacturers globally, you will often get Lemforder, Meyle, and even Sachs parts in the box. Here is the importer's website, give'em a call. http://www.eurostarinc.com/customer_service.shtml Just remember this, Bilstein was never offered as OEM on any E34, including the M5, yet if you read this forum, you'd be an ass for using anything but. I guess all those engineers over at BMW are asses for not using Grunt bushings, Triflo exhausts, Bruno's subframe inserts, or Bilstein shocks and struts. Who'd have thunk it?
    Last edited by pmlmotorsports; 09-16-2005 at 09:29 AM.

1995 540iM Alpine White/ Lt Silver Grey 84k
    1992 535iM Black/Lt Silver Grey 132k
    1990 535iM Glacier Blue/Blue 206k

Quote Originally Posted by pmlmotorsports
    I am so tired of the name bashing in this place.......whether it's tires, suspension, exhausts, or air and oil filters, EVERYBODY has an opinion, and they are certainly entitled to it. However, these opinions can sway a member into a purchase that they may have never made otherwise. As for the guys @ Groton, I have personally used their stuff, and BELIEVE IT OR NOT, some of the Hamburg products have actually had the Lemforder "Owl" casted into the part. Since Hamburg Technic is a company that manufactures NOTHING, but instead buys overstocked inventory from the larger part manufacturers globally, you will often get Lemforder, Meyle, and even Sachs parts in the box. Here is the importer's website, give'em a call. http://www.eurostarinc.com/customer_service.shtml Just remember this, Bilstein was never offered as OEM on any E34, including the M5, yet if you read this forum, you'd be an ass for using anything but. I guess all those engineers over at BMW are asses for not using Grunt bushings, Triflo exhausts, Bruno's subframe inserts, or Bilstein shocks and struts. Who'd have thunk it?

No OEM would use a solid bushing in a luxury car, or a free flow exhaust that sounds froma mile away... etc etc

dont tell anyone but im evaluating the thrust arms, got about 10k on them now. the only thing I did notice about them parts is the paint sux, have to buy a can of rustolium so they dont rust but every other aspect looks legit. Only got 30k out of the Lemforder arms so for the price I figured I would give these an honest trial.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Actually i think your confused on a number of issues here, first off

lemforder is a manufacturer of high quality parts that has a reputation for excellence, thats why they are a OE supplier to bmw... Meyle and Hamburg-technics are not manufacturers, they are middlemen distributors who contract out with various suppliers who manufacture parts... A large number of these parts are coming from china, malaysia, india etc.. common sense would tell you that they are getting these parts very cheaply and reboxing and marking them up accordingly. If you do a search for hamburg technics you'll come across many posts with complaints about the quality of the parts that come from india. I'm real curious about this because in the US its required by law to identify the country of origin on the parts that you buy... and i don't remember anybody mentioning that their hamburg parts actually came from china or hong kong. And a number of you mention that the little owl is ground off and that these are actually lemforder parts...IF you were making counterfeit parts (and this is a very big industry) the cheapest and easiest way is to get one of a good quality manufacturer such as lemforder and use it to make the mold for your sand casting, when you do this the little owl will transfer right over..so to avoid counterfeiting charges you grind off any indicators like this.. then the rumors can start... "These parts are really lemforder but we bought them as an overstock and they ground off the id" etc etc...
    In this day and age its very easy to make copies of quality parts with substandard materials and very few people are going to be able to tell the difference until early parts failures occur...
    All the auto manufacturers are fighting this problem right now with cheap copies... The point of all this is if you buy the lemforder brand name you know what quality you are getting... If you buy meyle or hamburg technic its very uncertain.. As far as bilstein you don't ever find me plugging them here, i personally prefer boge, kyb, koni etc all name brands also.. I don't like the way the biltsteins ride on most cars. And as far as everybody has an opinion, lets say that opinion of some of us who install and use these parts every day may hopefully carry a little more weight than others.

Quote Originally Posted by pmlmotorsports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast