GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please HELP ME !!!

Default Please HELP ME !!!

hi guys, i just bought an E34 M5 3.8L , and i need to know were are the VIN numbers printed on this car, i found only the one which is printed under the front windscreen. but i heard that this kind of cars must have the VIN nimbers printed in different areas , but i could't find them.
    Can any body help me please !!!!!!!!

According to the Bentley manual, one location is in the rear of the engine compartment, below the passenger side wiper arm.

You sound desparate. What is the deal? I don't get why you would be concerned about other locations. Are you thinking the # are not going to be the same? Does it not match the regisration or something?
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Dpends on your country. Here in Japan we also only have it under the windscreen, same in European countries like Germany.
    On the ECU there is usually handwritten the VIN also, but you would have to remove it to see it.
    Then - depending on the year - you can also see it on the check control in the dash by a certain procedure.
    And remove the rear seat (passenger side in LHD), under the seat in a corner there is a folded paper with the complete VIN number, when the car was produced, which production week/year, which assembling line, which optional extras were included etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wagdibmw
    hi guys, i just bought an E34 M5 3.8L , and i need to know were are the VIN numbers printed on this car, i found only the one which is printed under the front windscreen. but i heard that this kind of cars must have the VIN nimbers printed in different areas , but i could't find them.

Bill

Your information rocks as always. I sort of picture you living surrounded by stacks and stacks of manuals and information with just a little maze to walk through your automotive library. And information is nothing if you can't find it. You deserve the title of Filing Stud.

I guess that mental image predates computer hard drives, but the putting-your-hands-on-the-information issue doesn't change.
    Last edited by Gayle; 09-15-2005 at 06:43 AM.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    Bill

Your information rocks as always. I sort of picture you living surrounded by stacks and stacks of manuals and information with just a little maze to walk through your automotive library. And information is nothing if you can't find it. You deserve the title of Filing Stud.

I guess that mental image predates computer hard drives, but the putting-your-hands-on-the-information issue doesn't change.
    hmmm, Bill R...the STUD! Sounds like you need to change your handle, Bill! (LOL)
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

Default Thanks but no thanks for the title Gayle, and actually

I do have a lot of the old paper manuals but thats for the 50's60's and 70's stuff, most of the newer stuff has been placed here like in this pic...

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by wagdibmw

My MY'91 (11/90 production) M5 has the VIN in the following places that I've found so far:

Top of dash
    Stamped on cowl at the base of the windscreen
    On the driver's door jamb label
    On a printed and bar coded label on the ECU
    On a label on the driver's side of the transmission bell housing

I don't have any of the "vehicle anti-theft labels" on the front fender tops, doors, trunk lid or rear fenders that I had on my MY'90 535. I always wondered why, but perhaps it is to do with the ~150 M5s imported into Canada from '91 to '93.
    Anthony
    03/64 production

'91M5 - 11/90, was mine, it's Jim's now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    I do have a lot of the old paper manuals but thats for the 50's60's and 70's stuff, most of the newer stuff has been placed here like in this pic...
    Two great posts in one thread Bill.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Default Yes coz..........

thats it, you got my point, coz i think this car is stolen or somthing like that.

when i signed the papers of it i heard the dealer talking to it,s EX owner and i did't like what they were saying about the car Reg. and the Vin Number ,
    they made me thinking abit, but i realy like that car , i wanted to buy it at all cost,

thanks for you help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast