GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hubcentric Ring Question

Default Hubcentric Ring Question

Alright, since I could not figure out what was causing my slight vibration and weird "whurring" noise coming from my new rims, I decided to buy new rear tires to hopefully fix the problems. I have a question. Are these the correct rings you are supposed to use with e39 rims?? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-H...spagenameZWDVW (These are the rings that are currently installed with my rims). Is the ring supposed to cover the entire hub, or just the extra 2 mm or so?? My rings do not cover the entire hub. Once again, is there any possibiblty that I'm rubbing against the control arm?? There is only about 1 finger width of space between the tire and control arm (I think that's what it is). Thanks for your time guys.

The rings look right but im not sure without seeing them on the car and against the wheel, you might want plastic ones anyways cause the aluminum sometimes welds itself to the wheels.

The 1 finger width is about right.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I was told to get aluminum ones because the plastic ones become brittle and crack.

choose your poisen.

Id rather get a few sets and install fresh vs chiseling the old ring off my wheels.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

What kind do you have??? I would like to get new rings before the tires come to hopefully solve the problem for good. Do you have any problems with your rims? What size are your tires?? -Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by E34 530
    What kind do you have??? I would like to get new rings before the tires come to hopefully solve the problem for good. Do you have any problems with your rims? What size are your tires?? -Thanks

I myself have plastic ones.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Liquidtiger, I know you originally had a lot of problems with rubbing and whatnot. Where did you get your rings? Also, I am using the same lug nuts that were used with the stock 15 inch basketweaves. Could this be a problem?? -Thanks

You'll be fine with the OEM lug nuts.

My rings were provided by Pete. But my ring diameters are different.

If you call tirerack, they do sell the more common ring used for bmw's the e39 hub size to the rest of bmw line hub size.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

632 regal, can you tell me what centric rings you are running. Do you also have e39 rims on your car? Can you tell me where and how much your rings cost you. -Thanks

Default call tirerack... about $40 for 4 aluminium ones...

... think the part # is like t790 or something... and think it's like 72.4 to 74.. but if you tell them it's to put E39 wheels on an E34 they'll be able to figure it out for you.... the metal ones will rest into the wheel, then put the wheel on the hub... if you put the ring on the hub and press it flush, it'll miss the wheel and the hub is deeper than the portion of the wheel that sits on the hub... (thus put the ring onto the wheel, then carefully put the wheel onto the hub... -Rob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast