GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Guy to the BMW world.

Default New Guy to the BMW world.

Just wanted to say I hope (I know) that my experience with my BMW will be as good or better then my VDub years. I owned a highly modified 90 VW Corrado G60, and now I own a 94 525i with 158K on the clock. The entire engine has been replaced with a motor that has a little over 82K on it.

I hope to be posting as much as I did in VWVortex.com with well over 2500 posts.

Welcome S&B, no doubt you're in for some fun. We're kinda into these cars I guess. Beware.. you're now in the BMW black hole... there is no going back. Enjoy the ride and post some pics of your new beast sometime so everyone can get to know you... GP

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Welcome! So far I'm going into my second year owning a 525 and the experience has been a positive one, I can't say that when I owned a Jetta and a Golf, two piles of crap.

Default VDubs left a mark.

Well, I still like the VDubs, but felt that I had spent enough of my money on the Corrado (over 8 grand in the past 7 years I had it), and I know that type of money would go farther in the 525i, and look far better to boot. I can tell you that the wife thought it was a Piece of sh*t, but she also believes no one should spend any money on any car "upgrades".

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsandBytes
    Well, I still like the VDubs, but felt that I had spent enough of my money on the Corrado (over 8 grand in the past 7 years I had it), and I know that type of money would go farther in the 525i, and look far better to boot. I can tell you that the wife thought it was a Piece of sh*t, but she also believes no one should spend any money on any car "upgrades".

Watch Brodee and take lessons. You are probably upgrading the wrong car. Brodee upgrades his wife's car. As a woman, I look at Brodee's wifes car and think that is one lucky woman. Who needs roses, diamonds, etc. Give me a perfect classic BMW of my own to drive and continue to tweak it for me. Now that is love.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=12557
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

I always really liked the Corrado.

Welcome aboard!

wow, I think I posted or looked at VW Vortex when I was considering picking up a mid '90s Jetta for a quick rebuild and sale....Thanks to the advice on the forum, I stayed clear.

Amen.

Welcome!

best, whit

Just wanted to say I hope (I know) that my experience with my BMW will be as good or better then my VDub years. I owned a highly modified 90 VW Corrado G60, and now I own a 94 525i with 158K on the clock. The entire engine has been replaced with a motor that has a little over 82K on it.

I hope to be posting as much as I did in VWVortex.com with well over 2500 posts.
    Which year / model BMW did you purchase?

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

welcome...
    I did my time in VWland...
    '95 jetta VR6 - totally modded for the track! lots of fun once the suspension is lowered and stiffened up! BBS, Chip, throttle body, cold air intake, Neuspeed goodies, best of everything, everywhere...

then it was stolen,
    my heart was broken
    so I went BMW and haven't looked back. I'm on my 3rd!
    I'm sure you will fully appreciate your purchase, enjoy!

I don't want to scare you, but $8k in 7 years sounds like a steal!!!

show us some pics!
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

Quote Originally Posted by uscharalph
    Which year / model BMW did you purchase?
    Lol....Ralph...what the ****, man?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast