GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Can't get the Brake lining indicator light to stay off!

Default Can't get the Brake lining indicator light to stay off!

I have a 2000 528i that I cannot get the brake lining indicator light to stay off. The pads and rotors were changed. The indicators have been replaced...twice. We have done the key in the ignition reset as well as the reset directly on the computer...but it keeps coming back on. The sensors have been tested and they are fine. After it is reset, the light stays off for a few miles but eventually turns back on...Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Paul

Default Check the contacts on the sensor plug

I had the same problem, and cleaned the sensor plug contacts with a shot of electric contact cleaner and it has been fine ever since.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Bob sounds right, intermittant because its not instantly on so Id guess corrosion or a lose bare worn insulation type of failure along the rest of the wire.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    Bob sounds right, intermittant because its not instantly on so Id guess corrosion or a lose bare worn insulation type of failure along the rest of the wire.
    So if the brake lining warning doesn't go on instantly, there's probably a wire problem? The sensor is on the driver's side wheel right?

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

If the sensors were from WorldPac (BMA's and many other places' distributor) and are PEX brand -- there have been a lot of bad ones being shipped recently. I've heard ratios around 1 in 5. I know Bavarian Autosport (cough cough) also sells them.

Be sure to get DEALER sensors, connect them, cycle ignition two times.

best, whit

My car had new brakes when i got it, but apparantly the sensors werent replaced. The problem was fixed by twisting the wires near the front left and rear right brake together. Im not necessarily suggesting you do this with yours as you lose the funtionality of the sensors and it might not work the same way on your car. I am fairly confident that i am capable of keeping an eye on my brakes myself and making a judgement as to whether or not they need to be replaced, so i will use this method at least until the brakes need replacing again.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA