GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Radiator Hoses

Default Radiator Hoses

So, does anyone use anything special for their radiator hoses, or just replace them every so often.

Default every 7-8 years

Quote Originally Posted by olsan100
    So, does anyone use anything special for their radiator hoses, or just replace them every so often.
    Brett Anderson recommends changing all hoses every 7 to 8 years. Should use only OE or OEM hoses too.

The thing with BMW cooling system its probably best to change everything every 60,000-75,000 miles. EVERYTHING means Radiator (plastic), expansion tank (plastic), water pump, themostat and hoses. Am I missing anything?

Oh yeah, its also recommended to use BMW "blue" coolant (or any Valvoline Zerex G-48 equivalent).

Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure if there was some aftermarket hoses that would last for a long time or whatever.

I'll just change them as you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by bfd
    Brett Anderson recommends changing all hoses every 7 to 8 years. Should use only OE or OEM hoses too.

The thing with BMW cooling system its probably best to change everything every 60,000-75,000 miles. EVERYTHING means Radiator (plastic), expansion tank (plastic), water pump, themostat and hoses. Am I missing anything?

Oh yeah, its also recommended to use BMW "blue" coolant (or any Valvoline Zerex G-48 equivalent).

There are special hoses available used in racing. Material is silicone and the temperaure is up to 170 degrees Celsius, 3 layer material, very flexible to make bends. Various colors available.
    But also very costly.
    But if you like colored hoses, spent the $$$$

Default Inspect them often

Really look for wetness, bulges and rot.

BMW has a satanic set of little lines that run the heater system. They run from the firewall down along side the engine and are easy to miss.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........