GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a few pics of the fleet

Default a few pics of the fleet

I thought I would get a couple of shots of 'the fleet' while I had a chance. I would have liked to get the cars all detailed, taken them to a nice location and tried for some "artsy" shots. But with the 535 just listed for sale, I don't know how much longer the guys will be together

It's a little hard to tell from the shots but the group of suspects includes an e28 M5, and 90 535iM and a 95 540 M-Sport. I had planned on driving the 535 forever as my daily driver, but got a little seduced by the 540 M-Sport, so that's how I ended up with a fleet.

Is anyone else reminded of a giant BMW Oreo?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Wow, one keeps me busy!

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by motuman
    I thought I would get a couple of shots of 'the fleet' while I had a chance. I would have liked to get the cars all detailed, taken them to a nice location and tried for some "artsy" shots. But with the 535 just listed for sale, I don't know how much longer the guys will be together

It's a little hard to tell from the shots but the group of suspects includes an e28 M5, and 90 535iM and a 95 540 M-Sport. I had planned on driving the 535 forever as my daily driver, but got a little seduced by the 540 M-Sport, so that's how I ended up with a fleet.

Is anyone else reminded of a giant BMW Oreo?
    How do you like the M540?
    Mustbr8kfree
    1995 525i, Shadowline,EAT chip, Alpine

Bart (Dash01) is looking for a white 535 m with tan interior in good condition. He is in WA but would come to CA to get one. I see palm trees in that pic but you have the SW architecture going on. Where are you located? If you think you might be a match why don't you private message him.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

I never noticed the place where the plate goes on the the M-sport front bumper is different. Nice cars!!
    Last edited by brodee; 09-07-2005 at 08:23 AM.

1988 M3 - Track rat
    1989 325iC
    1995 530iM
    2000 323iT - UUC BBK, PSS9 Coilovers
    2005 GMC HD Crew

Quote Originally Posted by brodee
    I never noticed the place where the plate goes on the the M-sport front bumper is different. Nice cars!!
    How can you even tell? I can't see!
    1990 BMW 535i 5 speed - Black on Grey, LSD

Quote Originally Posted by JAlfredPrufrock
    How can you even tell? I can't see!
    First picture. They don't have the HUGE black plastic piece that extends down to the valance like my car. The M-Sport is more like an e30, with just an extension in the trim. Looks much cleaner IMHO

1988 M3 - Track rat
    1989 325iC
    1995 530iM
    2000 323iT - UUC BBK, PSS9 Coilovers
    2005 GMC HD Crew

Default attaching pics?

As everyone can see my pics looks terrible. How do you guys do attachments? I had to knock the resolution way down to meet the 39kB file size attachment limit (when using the posting options). Do you guys use web hosting so you can get better resolution?

Default My 535i is black w/tan

My 535 is black over tan. The white one is the 540 M-Sport.

Don't know if Dash01 would be interested but I will say my 535 is in superb condition. I went through everything from top to bottom thinking I was going to keep the car forever (then fell in love with the M-Sport).

I am located in Santa Barbara, CA.

Default Love the M-Sport

Quote Originally Posted by 1995 525i
    How do you like the M540?
    The car was kind of a dream find for BMW hunters. One owner since new, garaged at home and at work, babied, and all maintanence records. The PO put sheepskin covers on the sport seats upon delivery so they have never had "direct contact". The leather underneath is literally showroom condition. Interstingly, this may be one of the last e34's. The original owner took delivery in May 96.

I don't have a lot of miles yet, but so far I love it. The acceleration is about the same as the e28 M5 but the power deilvery is totally different. It's so smooth and quiet that this is the only car I have ever bumped of the rev limiter.

I have a few minor maintanence items to attend to, and one major item - the EDC suspension. As you may know the EDC suspension (from the European M5) continuosly adapts to driving and road condition alternating between soft, meduim and firm settings. My car is stuck in firm all the time, and it really is firm. At this setting (with the M5 bushings & sways and servotronic steering) it really showcases the handling limits of the e34 chassis. It's truly impressive!! (at the cost of ride quality, needless to say).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast