GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Thread Managers are set up. Let the Archiving begin!

Default New Thread Managers are set up. Let the Archiving begin!

Suspension & Steering - billb
    Wheels, Tires & Brakes - pyro
    Engine & Drivetrain - dacoyote
    Body & Interior - mattyb
    Electronics & Lights plus A/C - 93-525i
    Miscellaneous Bimmer Nuggets - Gayle
    Jokes Archive - liquidtiger720

Everyone above can "manage threads". They can not edit threads or delete them, but they can move them to the Archive Boards. I've also added Bill R., just because he's such a great contributor, and frankly I'd give him the shirt off my back for everything he's done for this board. Winfred, I'll do the same for you if you're interested (shirt off back or moderation capability!).

Anyway, Bill R. you're very right about questioning the accuracy of solutions in the posts that we archive. But I think the board will moderate itself in that respect also. Bad information in the archives can be "called out" and corrected, over time. I think this is a good start. Thanks everybody for all your help and participation.

I just now set this up, so if anyone has problems, please let me know. All you new thread managers have to do is:

1) Click on a Thread.
    2) Click on Thread Tools
    3) Click on Move/Copy Thread
    4) Choose Perform Action
    5) Choose the correct Destination Forum
    6) leave the default "Move thread and leave redirect in previous forum"
    7) Click on Move / Copy Thread

It's easier than described.

Thanks all.

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

sounds like a plan!!!

Cool beans, I will start working on this monday night in the hotel.

-Charles
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

Default Folks, help us out

Maybe you have favorites. I know I have a ton of threads bookmarked in my brouser. Let us know if there was one you found particularly helpful.

As a newbie, I would especially welcome suggestions for the "nuggets" area. For starters I am mainly collecting threads that let us know who we are as a community. I realize some of it will get stale and out of date. When that happens it will be time to run some those threads again.

I plan to take broad license to the definition of what a nugget is and consider my area of the archives to be the "other" category. Anything you think is great and doesn't neatly fit in one of the other seven categories, let me know and I'll consider it.

Ed--Still think you need an area for all the most common problems newbies face like lkm, lock synchronization, etc. Still think Josh (Liquid Tiger) should manage it.

Also think the link to the archives could be a little more PROMINENT.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

nah i am cool that way it doesn't require brain activity to surf, lately if it looks like it's being taken care of i stay out of the way, guess that's how jeff got 2k posts ahead of me

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer Nut Ed
    Winfred, I'll do the same for you if you're interested (shirt off back or moderation capability!)
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle

Ed--Still think you need an area for all the most common problems newbies face like lkm, lock synchronization, etc. Still think Josh (Liquid Tiger) should manage it.

Hmm. I really dunno about that one. I'm not too "in the know" about cars. Maybe whit lowell could do it?

BTW- For jokes, how long do you guys want em to stay up before I archive them?

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

id think the current way i've been doing them by month should define that and make them easy to find with all of the *******xxxxxxx******** crap i started putting on them, not sure about the stuff that gets posted outside of that thread

Quote Originally Posted by liquidtiger720
    BTW- For jokes, how long do you guys want em to stay up before I archive them?
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    id think the current way i've been doing them by month should define that and make them easy to find with all of the *******xxxxxxx******** crap i started putting on them, not sure about the stuff that gets posted outside of that thread

Exactly what I thought. - I just moved the august one away.

Outside of that, its going to be sketcy. I need to visit off topic more!

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

the monthly joke thread lands here with most of the weird crap in OT

Quote Originally Posted by liquidtiger720
    Hmm. I really dunno about that one. I'm not too "in the know" about cars. Maybe whit lowell could do it?

Josh--excellent suggestion. Whit has the patience of a saint with new people. He probably already knows the good threads for noobie issues.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast