GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: E34 Aircon control module?

Default E34 Aircon control module?

The control switches for my aircon (aircon / re-cycle) aren't working or lighting up when pressed. All the fuses are fine and the compressor runs when directly connected.

Is there an aircon control module on the E34 and if so does anyone know where it's located?

Thanks
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevebuk
    The control switches for my aircon (aircon / re-cycle) aren't working or lighting up when pressed. All the fuses are fine and the compressor runs when directly connected.

Is there an aircon control module on the E34 and if so does anyone know where it's located?

Thanks
    Steve
    I'm probably not the best person to help with this, as I am newbie to the e34 world. However, I can tell you that the A/C control module (brain) is located under the dash, in the center, just in front of the microfilter (on top of the trans hump). I have a 95 e34, and I accesed the microfilter and control module by removing the glove compartment, air ducts, etc. It takes some time/work to get to it, but it can be done with a little patience.

Be sure to replace the microfilter while you are that far into the dash. I found the procedure for replacing the microfilter (and gaining access to the control module) within this forum. I think I just searched under "microfilter" and was able to find it.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by CBC
    I'm probably not the best person to help with this, as I am newbie to the e34 world. However, I can tell you that the A/C control module (brain) is located under the dash, in the center, just in front of the microfilter (on top of the trans hump). I have a 95 e34, and I accesed the microfilter and control module by removing the glove compartment, air ducts, etc. It takes some time/work to get to it, but it can be done with a little patience.

Be sure to replace the microfilter while you are that far into the dash. I found the procedure for replacing the microfilter (and gaining access to the control module) within this forum. I think I just searched under "microfilter" and was able to find it.

Hope this helps.
    Many thanks, I've previously removed the microfilters so I'll have a dig around in that area and see if I can locate the control module. Mine is left hand drive, I followed some instructions on removing the glove etc. originally only to find the microfilters were actually located to the left of the steering wheel - same physical location but the opposite side of the car to the glove compartment on the left hand drive model!

Regards
    Steve

Default What he's referring to as the sword equivalent here is the AC module down

near the bottom of the page on this writeup

Quote Originally Posted by stevebuk
    Many thanks, I've previously removed the microfilters so I'll have a dig around in that area and see if I can locate the control module. Mine is left hand drive, I followed some instructions on removing the glove etc. originally only to find the microfilters were actually located to the left of the steering wheel - same physical location but the opposite side of the car to the glove compartment on the left hand drive model!

Regards
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    near the bottom of the page on this writeup
    Thanks - great write up.